Craig v. Jay

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Craig v. Jay

Post by ghostrunner »

I can't say I'm terribly unhappy about how things have panned out with these two, as far as playing time. To my untrained eye, Craig has looked overmatched at the plate. Maybe he's getting better pitchers to face, more breaking stuff, maybe I'm seeing a poor sample, but even with Jay being lucky and playing over his head, he certainly looks more capable at the plate to me.

What say you, GRB?

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Re: Craig v. Jay

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Thinking of Allen Craig's AB against Marmol Saturday still pisses me off.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Thinking of Allen Craig's AB against Marmol Saturday still pisses me off.
I wouldn't be too angry about it. Opponents are hitting .168 against him and he strikes out over 16 per 9.

That is absurd.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Thinking of Allen Craig's AB against Marmol Saturday still pisses me off.
I wouldn't be too angry about it. Opponents are hitting .168 against him and he strikes out over 16 per 9.

That is absurd.
Right. But I doubt any have looked as bad as Craig did. I mean, [expletive], take a pitch. You do have AP on deck.

jagtrader
Hall Of Famer

Post by jagtrader »

ghostrunner wrote:I can't say I'm terribly unhappy about how things have panned out with these two, as far as playing time. To my untrained eye, Craig has looked overmatched at the plate. Maybe he's getting better pitchers to face, more breaking stuff, maybe I'm seeing a poor sample, but even with Jay being lucky and playing over his head, he certainly looks more capable at the plate to me.

What say you, GRB?
Hard to say without seeing more of Craig. His playing time has been intermittent in the big leagues and he doesn't look like he handles that well, which is part of the problem with a platoon of rookies. Since the Cardinals already have a CF, I don't see Jay hitting enough to justify giving him the lion's share of at-bats at a corner outfield spot, especially with the infield comprised of punch-and-judy Hall of Famers.

dmarx114
Hall Of Famer

Post by dmarx114 »

I'm curious if the Craig supporters have changed their mind.

http://gatewayredbirds.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=41875