GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently November 20 14, 2:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Craig v. Jay
PostPosted: August 17 10, 4:04 pm 
Offline
half-hearted thruster
User avatar

Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm
Posts: 18531
I can't say I'm terribly unhappy about how things have panned out with these two, as far as playing time. To my untrained eye, Craig has looked overmatched at the plate. Maybe he's getting better pitchers to face, more breaking stuff, maybe I'm seeing a poor sample, but even with Jay being lucky and playing over his head, he certainly looks more capable at the plate to me.

What say you, GRB?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Craig v. Jay
PostPosted: August 17 10, 4:14 pm 
Online
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"
User avatar

Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Posts: 16618
Location: Best Fan in Baseball
Thinking of Allen Craig's AB against Marmol Saturday still pisses me off.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Craig v. Jay
PostPosted: August 17 10, 4:20 pm 
Offline
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster
User avatar

Joined: October 12 07, 12:28 pm
Posts: 19449
Location: Raptured
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Thinking of Allen Craig's AB against Marmol Saturday still pisses me off.

I wouldn't be too angry about it. Opponents are hitting .168 against him and he strikes out over 16 per 9.

That is absurd.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Craig v. Jay
PostPosted: August 17 10, 4:29 pm 
Online
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"
User avatar

Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Posts: 16618
Location: Best Fan in Baseball
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Thinking of Allen Craig's AB against Marmol Saturday still pisses me off.

I wouldn't be too angry about it. Opponents are hitting .168 against him and he strikes out over 16 per 9.

That is absurd.


Right. But I doubt any have looked as bad as Craig did. I mean, [expletive], take a pitch. You do have AP on deck.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Craig v. Jay
PostPosted: August 17 10, 4:57 pm 
Offline
Perennial All-Star

Joined: June 5 06, 10:01 am
Posts: 6535
ghostrunner wrote:
I can't say I'm terribly unhappy about how things have panned out with these two, as far as playing time. To my untrained eye, Craig has looked overmatched at the plate. Maybe he's getting better pitchers to face, more breaking stuff, maybe I'm seeing a poor sample, but even with Jay being lucky and playing over his head, he certainly looks more capable at the plate to me.

What say you, GRB?


Hard to say without seeing more of Craig. His playing time has been intermittent in the big leagues and he doesn't look like he handles that well, which is part of the problem with a platoon of rookies. Since the Cardinals already have a CF, I don't see Jay hitting enough to justify giving him the lion's share of at-bats at a corner outfield spot, especially with the infield comprised of punch-and-judy Hall of Famers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Craig v. Jay
PostPosted: August 17 10, 5:03 pm 
Online
Perennial All-Star

Joined: December 20 07, 2:45 pm
Posts: 9349
I'm curious if the Craig supporters have changed their mind.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=41875


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AWvsCBsteeeerike3, Bing [Bot], dmarx114, pioneer98, Woolkins and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group