The Kansas Rectangle

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Radio_Bugtussle
Perennial All-Star

The Kansas Rectangle

Post by Radio_Bugtussle »

Hungary Jack
Mother Earth

Re: The Kansas Rectangle

Post by Hungary Jack »

LOL

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

Ha! Very funny.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

They might as well have been interviewing me.
Still, some travelers have returned to tell their tales. The most frequent occurrence reported by those who have survived the Kansas Rectangle is extreme disorientation and an unsettling perception of time distortion.

Boulder, CO resident Ned Frome entered the Rectangle in 2005 while en route to visiting family in St. Louis.

"I had been driving for hours, but it was as though I hadn't moved at all," Frome said. "I had no idea which direction I was going in. No matter where I looked, everything was exactly the same and before long, normal navigation was almost impossible."

"I'll never go in there again," Frome added with a shudder. "I felt like I was going insane."

Cole Burns
Perennial All-Star

Post by Cole Burns »

Is this true? I've been to Kansas on several (maybe 8) occassions (perhaps 10 times, actually). I've never had any trouble getting out of Kansas. Wow? This is a lot like the Bermuda Rectangle, right? (I think I've been through Kansas 11 times).

Radio_Bugtussle
Perennial All-Star

Post by Radio_Bugtussle »

Cole Burns wrote:Is this true? I've been to Kansas on several (maybe 8) occassions (perhaps 10 times, actually). I've never had any trouble getting out of Kansas. Wow? This is a lot like the Bermuda Rectangle, right? (I think I've been through Kansas 11 times).
I focus on the fine microbrews in Colorado when westbound and Cardinal baseball when eastbound. The GPS is a godsend in convincing myself that I'm making progress along US 36 or I-70.

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

This is a bit unfounded. You can have a great time in Kansas.

For instance, I have a blast every time I pack up and get the hell out of Kansas.

Hungary Jack
Mother Earth

Post by Hungary Jack »

When I was a kid, we'd make a ski pilgrimage to Colorado every spring. I-70 through Kansas seemed interminable in those days. Waffle House, Nickerson Farms, Stuckeys, Village Inn, Ramada Inn--we sampled them all.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Radbird wrote:They might as well have been interviewing me.
Still, some travelers have returned to tell their tales. The most frequent occurrence reported by those who have survived the Kansas Rectangle is extreme disorientation and an unsettling perception of time distortion.

Boulder, CO resident Ned Frome entered the Rectangle in 2005 while en route to visiting family in St. Louis.

"I had been driving for hours, but it was as though I hadn't moved at all," Frome said. "I had no idea which direction I was going in. No matter where I looked, everything was exactly the same and before long, normal navigation was almost impossible."

"I'll never go in there again," Frome added with a shudder. "I felt like I was going insane."
Loved that part. When I drove a truck a couple of years i HATED the trek down 70 to Denver.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

I've been through Kansas several times in the past year. I will state for the record that it's less boring to look at than driving from St. Louis to Chicago on I-55.