2019 Minor League Season

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
salukifan2
Veteran Player

Re: 2019 Minor League Season

Post by salukifan2 »

Terry Fuller may be putting it together in A ball. You may remember him from the draft a few years ago. He was on his way to playing college football but switched to baseball (i forget why) and the Cardinals snagged him in the 15th round. At the time he had light tower power from his 6'4 255 frame and great athleticism.

After injuries and some time just working with coaches in Florida, he is playing at State College and sporting a healthy line of .409/.500/.727. Very small sample, but I love this guy, and really hope he succeeds for all kinds of reasons.

Tags:

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Funny. I was just looking him up a month or two ago.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

With zero knowledge of his baseball potential, i read that and come out thinking he should have played football.

salukifan2
Veteran Player

Post by salukifan2 »

lukethedrifter wrote:With zero knowledge of his baseball potential, i read that and come out thinking he should have played football.
Perhaps he thought better of devoting himself to a career of chronic brain, joint, and cardiovascular damage.

InvincibleCakeEater

salukifan2 wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:With zero knowledge of his baseball potential, i read that and come out thinking he should have played football.
Perhaps he thought better of devoting himself to a career of chronic brain, joint, and cardiovascular damage.
That and 200k

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

salukifan2 wrote:
Understood, for certain. Just seemed his odds were so much better in football.

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
salukifan2 wrote:
That and 200k
200k is good but i think Auburn pays better.

InvincibleCakeEater

Fair point, lol

salukifan2
Veteran Player

Post by salukifan2 »

Here is a quote from a 2018 article where Fuller describes why he chose baseball over Alabama or Auburn.
“When Alabama won the national championship last year, everybody was like, ‘Bro, that could have been you, you could have had a ring. Why would you want to come here?’” Fuller said. “I don’t think people understand that I just want to prove everybody wrong who said I couldn’t play or that I wouldn’t be a baseball player.

“My opinion was it (football) was too easy for me. Anybody who is athletic can go step on the football field, but baseball is a different game. I love being challenged and I feel like this game was a big challenge for me because people always used to say, ‘Oh, you’re a football player.’ I didn’t want to be looked at like that so I decided just to give my all at this. Once it got to the point where i had a good feeling in this game, my mindset was just here. It wasn’t on the football field. It was, ‘Look I’m going to stick with this and go along with the journey.’”

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

I read that. It’s what made me wonder.

Rare is the article that make me feel like the subject is truly articulating his motivations.

salukifan2
Veteran Player

Post by salukifan2 »

Fuller went 2-4 witha 2B tonight.

Now sporting a .273/.414/.426 at State College.

19% walk rate, 19% strikeout rate. His good eye seems to be the real deal.

Now just waiting on the power to manifest.