Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Re: Manfred is killing baseball

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
June 24 21, 7:02 am
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
June 24 21, 6:43 am
How long before we ban the manager sticky challenge?

And can we limit it to twice a game per pitcher at most? Goofy enforcement that slows game down. Especially in middle of an inning. Egregious.
Exactly. I wish Scherzer would have taken off his shirt, shoes, belt, pants, and hat during the 3rd check to make a point. Looked like he was close to doing it which would have been awesome.
I oscillate back and forth from "pitchers sure are indignant for being outed as rampant cheaters" and "oh my god just ban spider tack and allow the rest and check once a game at random."

More towards the latter. Love Scherzer and Romo but some of it was cringe. Girardi is a dickhead though.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
June 24 21, 7:25 am
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
June 24 21, 7:02 am
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
June 24 21, 6:43 am
How long before we ban the manager sticky challenge?

And can we limit it to twice a game per pitcher at most? Goofy enforcement that slows game down. Especially in middle of an inning. Egregious.
Exactly. I wish Scherzer would have taken off his shirt, shoes, belt, pants, and hat during the 3rd check to make a point. Looked like he was close to doing it which would have been awesome.
I oscillate back and forth from "pitchers sure are indignant for being outed as rampant cheaters" and "oh my god just ban spider tack and allow the rest and check once a game at random."

More towards the latter. Love Scherzer and Romo but some of it was cringe. Girardi is a dickhead though.
I go back and forth as well. But, I tend to agree with Bauer's take which is: MLB said they were going to collect balls, look at spin rate, monitor the situation, but there would be no punishment this season. Now MLB has changed its position to add punishment this season which is wrong. Even though it was on the books, it was specifically said they weren't going to enforce it, so is it really 'cheating'?

Kind of like Germany instituting a 150km/h speed limit on the autobahn and then immediately saying police would not be allowed to run radar or issue speeding tickets. Is it really a speed limit? In theory, sure, but in reality, not at all.

Looking at it through that lens, I can get behind Bauer's sentiments.

I hadn't seen the Romo reaction until looking it up after your post. That was great.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

Try to enjoy baseball now even with the way it is, because there is going to be a long strike soon....

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Manfred pay attention.

This would be cool as hell.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

I would love to watch that all game.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

IMADreamer wrote:
June 25 21, 9:05 pm
I would love to watch that all game.
Just a pitch or two here and there.

AdmiralKird
MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD

Post by AdmiralKird »

Popeye_Card wrote:
June 23 21, 1:30 pm
What is up with giving the players and umpires creepy laser eyes? Have they not seen The Boys and recognized that's scary AF?
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/glowing-eyes-laser-eyes

MLB appears to have filled the ranks of its marketing teams with a bunch of online grifting edgelords. Quality.
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
June 23 21, 11:25 am
Wasn’t sure where to put this and figured a thread might needed to air out things about Manfred and MLB.
What the...
First we had billboards for penny stock pump and dumps, next sports betting sponsorships, NFTs, now umpires becoming advertisements for cryptocurrency exchanges? Jfc, Manfred should just forget baseball and roll out a bunch of [expletive] onto second base. Why not? We've got nothing official between innings until the 7th anyway. Why not the 4th inning cockfight? Use your coinbase app to put 0.02493 bitcoin down on the red one.

Also genius move by MLB and Coinbase to advertise cryptocurrencies, a product known for extreme undesired volatility and unpredictability, on umpires - other entities known for extreme undesired volatility and unpredictability! You could not have picked a worse location to advertise your product.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Now Mo and DeWitt will make even less moves. I hate this idea.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

participation trophies and more ad revenue, everybody wins

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

More reason for no-one to care about the regular season!