Scott Feldman's NL Central comments

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Scott Feldman's NL Central comments

Post by mikechamp »

These comments came from a chat with former MLB pitcher Scott Feldman that occurred on February 2. He played for the Rangers, Cubs, Orioles, Astros, Blue Jays and Reds.

Several NL Central questions, since he played for 2 of the orgs in the division. But you know I typically throw in a few bonus Q&As, too, so enjoy those. As always, click on the link to read the entire chat.

The link to the entire chat can be found here: https://live.jotcast.com/chat/live-chat ... 14950.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Did you get your HR ball back?

Scott Feldman
Haha, yes for sure my favorite memorabilia. We had some fantastic clubhouse guys with the Cubs and they got it back for me.
Hi Scott, always enjoyed watching you pitch! As a lifelong Rangers fan, I am definitely still hurting over 2011. What was it like pitching in game 6? Thanks for all you did for the Rangers!

Scott Feldman
That one will always sting. We had such a good team, and so many wonderful people on that roster, coaching staff, front office, trainers, strength coaches. Everyone was just one big family. The fans who supported us were tremendous. Just a tough way to end things and come up a little short. I don't think I'll ever forget what it was like to be pitching in that game with a chance to win it all. What a thrill. But at the same time, what a devastating feeling to come up short. Something that I'll never forget. And I'm always rooting for the Rangers to win it all and bring a championship to Arlington.
Hi Scott, During your tenure with the Cubbies, what was the most exciting moment for you and are you interested in re-joining the team as a scout or what other capacity would you like to work at?

Scott Feldman
In my short time with the Cubs I had quite a few fond memories. Pitching my first complete game, hitting a homerun, walking to Wrigley for a day game and seeing the atmosphere around the ballpark. What a fan base and just a historic franchise. It was some of the most fun I've ever had in my life. I love Chicago.
Are you interested in rejoining the Cubs organization as a scout or coach in some capacity?

Scott Feldman
I love the idea of being involved with baseball at some point in the future.
Reds fan here...did you know you would retire before the 2017 season? Or was being in Cincinnati for a year too much to handle? lol

Scott Feldman
haha. I was definitely not expecting 2017 to be my last season. I was still just 34 years old. But injuries got to be too much. I hope the Reds spend some money and put a winning team out there for the fans. I can sense what a good fan base it is out there, they just need to see some progress from ownership.
Hey Scott, thanks for doing this! How did you like your experience with the Cubs? Does it bother you at all that you're so well known as part of the trade for Arrieta?

Scott Feldman
I loved my experience with the Cubs. It doesn't bother me at all that people associate my time there with Jake Arrieta. He had such an amazing run there and helped the Cubs win the World Series, which was great to see. I love it when fellow pitchers do well and I was pumped for everyone in Chicago. I wish I was there to be a part of the celebration.
Do Cubs fans thank you all the time for getting them Jake Arrieta?

Scott Feldman
Yes. There is talk of a statue.
Good afternoon Scott, big Cincinnati Reds fan here. I remember your Opening Day start in 2017. Wanted to ask you how pitching on Opening Day in Cincinnati compares to the other 2 places in which you started on Opening Day. Obviously we as fans feel it's a pretty big deal around here but would love to hear your perspective.

Scott Feldman
I remember walking to the stadium on opening day and going though the parade and all that. Really wanted to soak it in and it lived up to the hype!
What is the best piece of pitching advice you got in the big leagues?

Scott Feldman
Make sure you develop a good routine and stick with it. Eddie Guardado was big on that. I used to watch how dedicated he was to his routine and how long he played for. Definitely not a coincidence. All the guys that have long successful careers seem to have that in common. You can't always control the results or the outcome, but you can control your preparation and routine.
What are your thoughts on a 14 yr old pitcher throwing a curve ball? Is he too young? Will it hurt his arm tendons? Thank you.

Scott Feldman
I don't know about the medical side of curveballs, but I'd recommend learning how to spot your fastball and throw a change-up first.
Do you love Feldman from across the hall jokes?

Scott Feldman
Big Seinfeld guy.
Who the best defensive player that you ever witnessed IF and OF?

Scott Feldman
Adrian Beltre and Andruw Jones

Tags: