International signing day

Talk about the Cardinals minor league baseball
MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Re: International signing day

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

go birds wrote:I'm not sure how deep the MI pool for international prospects has been in the past, but it looked pretty deep this year and the cards signed all OFers and RHPs (and a catcher).

To be fair, Machado is currently play SS and CF. my guess is we will see how well he can stick at Short. most sites seem to say he might eventually play fulltime Center.

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Post by phins »

go birds wrote:I'm not sure how deep the MI pool for international prospects has been in the past, but it looked pretty deep this year and the cards signed all OFers and RHPs (and a catcher).
If you play the field and throw right-handed, you're getting listed as a SS on this day. It's just the way it is.

In the end, very few of these guys will end up as a major league SS. Even Maitan is expected to end up at 3B by many.

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Post by phins »

MinorLeagueGuy wrote:

To be fair, Machado is currently play SS and CF. my guess is we will see how well he can stick at Short. most sites seem to say he might eventually play fulltime Center.
He's a CF all the way. Doesn't have the hands or the arm for SS.

Interestingly, the top two rated guys we signed are not the two guys I'm most interested in. I do not like Machado at all, but he's a better prospect than Garcia because at least he has the chance to be a utility OF.

Garcia is a pull-heavy slugger type, and if those guys don't destroy the baseball, they are fairly worthless.

MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

The suspect arm shoudlve been my first indictor.