GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Re: General Soccer Thread

Post by GeddyWrox »

Tambourine Man wrote:
March 2 23, 8:17 pm
GeddyWrox wrote:
March 2 23, 5:24 pm
I don't have Apple. But I was thinking about hitting a soccer friendly bar somewhere to watch a game sometime soon. Anyone know of good ones in STL besides Amerstdam?
https://www.stlcitysc.com/ultra-city-on ... BRPVT5cBFQ
Sweet! Thanks!

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Tambourine Man wrote:
March 2 23, 11:19 am
Anyone have the MLS package on Apple? I watched City vs Austin the other night and liked what I saw. I find the price reasonable, as I already subscribe to Apple.
Comes free with season tix...just sayin. The production value is excellent and the ability to watch every game and their redzone style whiparound show is really fun.

The scenes in StL looked awesome this weekend. Hope a bunch of people here check out a game or two. Especially before the dog days of summer when expansion teams generally hit a bit of a wall due to lack of roster depth. Plus, you'll have a rock solid baseball team to follow at that point.

First two Miami home games were super fun. The Messi signing is looking inevitable, so I'm going to these early games with an eye on making bank on resale when he signs.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

The refereeing has gotten a lot better since 2011, but I’m still never going to learn that the referee has both a much better view and a better understanding of the laws than I do. So I need to come back and watch certain things from the game. The Apple replays will be nice for this. Having a sportscenterish weekly wrap up will be good for me. I’d like to know the broader league a little better without having to watch games I don’t have time for.

It’s really cool that StLC already has their park. We’ll see you here on Saturday. The Timbers are banged up, playing sloppy, and always start slow. The last 2/3 years we play mostly without the ball (I’m tired of it) but it makes for a good game for the visitor’s fans to watch. I think it will be a good match.

Tambourine Man
accepts no jimitators

Post by Tambourine Man »

thrill wrote:
March 7 23, 9:07 am
Tambourine Man wrote:
March 2 23, 11:19 am
Anyone have the MLS package on Apple? I watched City vs Austin the other night and liked what I saw. I find the price reasonable, as I already subscribe to Apple.
Comes free with season tix...just sayin. The production value is excellent and the ability to watch every game and their redzone style whiparound show is really fun.

The scenes in StL looked awesome this weekend. Hope a bunch of people here check out a game or two. Especially before the dog days of summer when expansion teams generally hit a bit of a wall due to lack of roster depth. Plus, you'll have a rock solid baseball team to follow at that point.

First two Miami home games were super fun. The Messi signing is looking inevitable, so I'm going to these early games with an eye on making bank on resale when he signs.
So cool. I've not been following the Messi saga.

And thanks for the Season Pass info. I listened on radio, and it just doesn't translate to soccer well. Checked on season tix a couple months ago and they're just all gone. Gotta get on a waiting list.

Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

FYI a handful of MLS games each week are free on the Apple TV app, or free if you have Apple TV+. This week's St. Louis/Portland game is free for anyone. They seem to be setting those games only a couple weeks in advance, but the distinction is clear if you check the schedule on the MLS website: https://www.mlssoccer.com/clubs/st-loui ... c/schedule

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

I understand there is some controversy in Portland around the thorns new jerseys, because they look like early 2000’s sailor jerry von dutch, but in a sea of boring template-based jerseys across global soccer, I think they are cool as hell.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

thrill wrote:
March 14 23, 11:29 am
I understand there is some controversy in Portland around the thorns new jerseys, because they look like early 2000’s sailor jerry von dutch, but in a sea of boring template-based jerseys across global soccer, I think they are cool as hell.
Not a fan. I don't need women's soccer encroaching on my love of Tucker Max and MMA which I celebrate in uniform: Affliction head to toe. Unless they're vivacious twins and I have a Coors Light, no!

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

I mean, it's only natural that the zoomers continue their crawl from the late 90's to the early 2000's as they reclaim trash fashion and make it cool as streetwear. I'm not going to buy one, but if I saw someone cool wearing it, I'd be like, that's tight.
Plus, sailor style tattoos is a rich Portland tradition that predates that trucker hat stuff by hundreds of years!

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

thrill wrote:
December 3 22, 5:29 pm
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
December 3 22, 12:52 pm
Is it possible to ‘just find a couple forwards’ though?
Hell yeah dude. Look at the roster. We “found” Dest, Robinson, and Musah. Filled three huge holes with dual nationals. Oh and who was best buds with Musah at Arsenal academy & the England youth national team and was also born in NY?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folarin_Balogun

Balogun is a world class striker prospect.
Pepi is still an elite striker prospect.

Four years from now they are 25 & 23. Prime time baby.

Sargent will be 26, Ferreira 25. Young players I don’t know because they are children will pop up.
Looks like Balogun is a done deal. He basically said he's done waiting for England and has no contact with Nigeria. Then today he showed up in Orlando at our National Team training camp. This is big time.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

I hope some of you are enjoying MLS in St. Louis. The team is good. The atmosphere at the park looks great.

My team is coming through this weekend.