St. Louis Blues 2020-21 Offseason and Season

A forum for non-baseball sports
cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Re: St. Louis Blues 2020-21 Offseason and Season

Post by cardsfantx »

Popeye_Card wrote:
May 17 21, 10:46 am
I'm a bit peeved that Perron was not vaccinated by now. Unless he was, and still contracted COVID.
he was vaccinated

as was Walman, and it was not a false positive; he has a confirmed case of covid19

(no results from Perron's 2nd test to see if it was a false positive, but I'm assuming the worst)
Last edited by cardsfantx on May 17 21, 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

cardsfantx wrote:
May 17 21, 11:20 am
Popeye_Card wrote:
I'm a bit peeved that Perron was not vaccinated by now. Unless he was, and still contracted COVID.
he was vaccinated
Well then I am peeved at the effectiveness of the vaccine.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

Popeye_Card wrote:
May 17 21, 11:24 am
cardsfantx wrote:
May 17 21, 11:20 am
Popeye_Card wrote:
he was vaccinated
Well then I am peeved at the effectiveness of the vaccine.
walman was vaccinated as well and tested positive

all but 8 blues/coaches/staff/FO are fully vaccinated

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

Not to bring COVID talk to the Blues playoff thread, but maybe after seeing this happen to both the Blues and Yankees this vaccine isn’t as effective as what’s being portrayed?

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

cardinalkarp wrote:
May 17 21, 12:27 pm
Not to bring COVID talk to the Blues playoff thread, but maybe after seeing this happen to both the Blues and Yankees this vaccine isn’t as effective as what’s being portrayed?
I guess that depends on what we are calling "portrayed". I believe both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are ~90% effective at preventing contraction of COVID-19. That still means you have a 1 out of 10 chance of contracting COVID if exposed (about the chance of Matt Carpenter getting a hit in 2021). That's good, but certainly not perfect.

The real values of the vaccines are effectiveness against severe cases of COVID, where the proven rates are more like 99%. And in achieving eventual herd immunity. If you start limiting the chances of spreading the virus in a close encounter from like 75%+ to 10% for each interaction, the spread of the virus really starts to fizzle out.

(I should also note, my comment regarding being peeved at the vaccine effectiveness was tongue-in-cheek.)

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

https://www.npr.org/2021/05/14/99687350 ... ected-this

What To Make Of The Yankees Outbreak? Scientists Say: Don't Panic, We Expected This
"We know that these vaccines are really good, but they're not 100% protective against all infection," said Saad Omer, director of the Yale Institute for Global Health. "They are way more protective against the consequences of that infection, like hospitalization or death."

Here's what else to know about the Yankees outbreak:

This number of breakthrough infections is in line with what scientists know about the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

All of the positive cases on the Yankees had been vaccinated with the single-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine, which baseball teams favored because of their complicated travel schedules. According to the team, players and staff were offered the vaccine together on April 7.

In clinical trials, the Johnson & Johnson vaccine was 100% effective in preventing hospitalization and death. When it came to preventing any type of COVID-19 infection, the vaccine was 66% to 72% effective.

"That means there will be a gap in the protection, in the sense that there will be some people who will get infected," Omer said. "But the reassuring part is that these cases were not severe."

Scientists said that given the size of the team's traveling party, it's likely a smaller number of people got infected than would have been expected otherwise. And the number of cases is in line with what we know about the vaccine's efficacy.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

[youtube]https://youtube.com/watch?v=oJcxz6uKZ5Q[/youtube]

I’m old. Can’t get the YouTube thingy.

At least this is way better than the weird and creepy 2019 one with that kid singing like he was in the Shining or something and them cutting to random videos of like a farmer and a fitness class and a hiker.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

STARES AT CLOCK

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

That's the scary thing... Binnington was spectacular and we still lost 4 - 1. I didn't stay up for all of the third, but I assume that last one was an empty netter, but still...

I get what they're saying in those post game vids. If we bury one or two of those golden chances, it is a different game. And yeah, we had Perron, Dunn and a few other guys out. But this game did not change my gut feeling that COL is just better than we are. Before I went to bed, they were outshooting us something like 35-18 and were up 3 - 1. Despite us playing pretty well (and Binner absolutely robbing them at least 4 or 5 times), we got pretty thoroughly whooped.

If we can steal game 2, anything is possible still. But we'll need another level that I'm not sure they have.