St. Louis Blues Offseason and Season 2022-23

A forum for non-baseball sports
cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Re: St. Louis Blues Offseason and Season 2022-23

Post by cardsfantx »

JCShutout wrote:
January 28 23, 8:22 pm
I hadn’t heard ror would consider a discount. That would be great! Maybe we can tkachuk him. Trade him to a contender and then resign him like we did Walt during the mid aughts rebuild.

I didn’t realize mikkola was already 26. Sucks to probably lose him.
It was from JR in the Atlantic, but here’s a recap…
In an exclusive interview with Jeremy Rutherford of The Athletic, O’Reilly was clear:

This is where I want to be. I hope I don’t get moved, but I think things will probably progress, especially with the deadline coming up and the talks with that. We’ll see how it goes. We’re starting to get into that.

“That” in this case is extension talks, though it doesn’t seem like things are very far along at this point. O’Reilly went as far as saying he would give the Blues a discount, given his success there.

But even with a team-friendly deal, can the Blues afford to pass up the assets they would get for O’Reilly at the deadline?

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

We are really, really bad.

albertmvpujols
All-Star

Post by albertmvpujols »

8th highest percentage at Bedard at this point. Probably going to be tough to get much higher than that, but with the way they are playing who knows? That is the only silver lining I have. If you are going to be a lottery team this is one of the better years to be one.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

thank goodness we're getting something instead of letting these guys just walk for nothing

sounds like a 1st round pick, Blais coming back, and we're retaining some of tarasenko's salary from what I'm seeing? (nothing confirmed)

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

latest (still not confirmed)

blues get; 1st in '23 (not sure which as they have 2; one from DAL so both will be high), 4th in '24, Blais, and Hunter Skinner

NYR get; Tarasenko (salary retained), and mikkola

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

cardsfantx wrote:
February 9 23, 1:18 pm
latest (still not confirmed)

blues get; 1st in '23 (not sure which as they have 2; one from DAL so both will be high), 4th in '24, Blais, and Hunter Skinner

NYR get; Tarasenko (salary retained), and mikkola
seems to be a done deal now...

To #NYR : Vladimir Tarasenko (50% retained), Niko Mikkola

To #stlblues : 2023 1st Rd Pick*, Sammy Blais, Hunter Skinner, 2024 3rd Rd Pick*

(* Conditions: Blues will get the later of either NYR or DAL 2023 1st Rd Pick; 3rd Rd pick becomes a 4th Rd pick if Rangers miss 2023 NHL playoffs)

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

and I'm good with the deal...

Tarasenko and Mikkola are FA to be and we weren't going to resign them; Blais is a FA to be also, so he'll be gone after the season also.

so we'll be left with the 1st round pick (higher of the 2), a 3rd round pick (NYR should make the playoffs) and a meh prospect in Skinner (a big RHD who's only 21)

Tarasenko hasn't been good this year and controlled where we could send him, so I'm good with this.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

our defense salary is what's killing us for next year...wish there was a way to move someone back there.

Tarasenko, O'Reilly, Barbs all FA and there's not a lot of $ to sign FA this next offseason (Pitlick, Leivo, Acciari are also FA)

hope Neighbors keeps it up and Snuggy and/or Bolduc are ready lol....cause it's not gonna be pretty next year

Already have 8 D for next year (Faulk, Parayko, Krug, Leddy, Scandella, Bortuzzo, Rosen, Tucker and Peru is a RFA)

Up front we only have Kyrou, Thomas, Schenn, Buch, Saad, Walker, Neighbors...lol that's only 2 lines! we have RFA in Torp and Brown

Binny obv back with Hofer ready to take over backup

15 mil to basically make up 2 new lines