go birds
-go birds

Re: EAT [expletive] BAMA

Post by go birds »

Lesson wrote:
October 26 22, 9:44 am
go birds wrote:
October 26 22, 9:23 am

i'm done debating the whole heupel as a head coach thing because i feel like you don't know what youre talking about. as i mentioned, they've got the top QB in the nation (or in the least one of the top QBs) coming, along with some very nice defensive players. Recruiting and defense was the concern with heupel from day 1 and he is currently proving to have some bit of success in both areas.

the key to college football is having a QB that can play--that's the formula this day in age. It's no longer defense. All the top teams have a QB that can play.

with regards to the cats, none of what you're saying is going to matter. i fully expect the cats put up points against this defense...thats what good teams are going to do.

the issue is that they will not be able to keep up with the offense. unfortunately for you, levis is not bryce young and rodiguez is not gibbs.

it's not meant to be a knock on either player...it just is what it is. The only way the cats win is if hooker gets injured.

the cats are a nice team--i'm not necessarily overlooking them but i still think the vols win by 2 touchdowns in what will prolly be a high scoring game because thats who these things shake out.

You reserve the right to have your opinion on Heupel as I am mine. We'll see what he does long-term. :)

Georgia just won a title with a former walk-on QB last year, so defense still does matter. I think modernized offenses are more important than before, though. Saban's early Alabama teams would get steam-rolled if they ran that style of offense today.

You're right, Levis isn't Young and Rodriguez isn't Gibbs. Young is better than Levis and I think Rodriguez is a much better running back than Gibbs. I'd also argue Kentucky has one of the most talented WR corps in the country (including Nashville's own Barion Brown). The matchup between Kentucky's OL and Tennessee's DL will be one of the most important ones.

I don't think Hooker getting injured is the only way Kentucky wins. Being efficient in the red zone, sustaining drives, and mitigating the damage Hooker does are how Kentucky wins.

And I don't think this will be that high scoring. I don't anticipate either team to top 31ish points. Kentucky plays at such a slow tempo that I'd find it unlikely we'll see a similar result to last year in terms of a shootout (secondary is playing way better than it did in 2021).
Chefskiss.gif

Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat

Post by Lesson »

I stand by everything I said and will gladly continue wearing my Kentucky gear.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Lol will Levis is gonna get an entire nfl front office fired. Guy is honestly the worst QB I’ve ever seen and I had to watch jarret guarantano for what seemed like 10 years.

Rodriguez was as advertised though. He’s not gonna win you any games but he’s a 4th round pick maybe

Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat

Post by Lesson »

go birds wrote:
October 30 22, 8:26 am
Lol will Levis is gonna get an entire nfl front office fired. Guy is honestly the worst QB I’ve ever seen and I had to watch jarret guarantano for what seemed like 10 years.

Rodriguez was as advertised though. He’s not gonna win you any games but he’s a 4th round pick maybe
Levis deserves a lot of blame from Saturday, but the WRs didn’t help him out at all. A drop for like a 30+ gain and the first interception (granted a UT player made a great play) were on the WRs.

Rodriguez will be a mid-round guy because he’s a 5th year RB and while he can be used in the passing game, that isn’t his strong suit. He’s really good, though.

Neyland Stadium was a nice atmosphere but not nice stadium. I can tell they try to cram in the 100K+-Georgia and Alabama have nicer stadiums. Georgia atmosphere is close to Tennessee’s. Alabama’s is a library.

Fans were nice aside from the 1% of knuckleheads (which are everywhere).

Knoxville is a nice city, similar but different to Lexington.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Lesson wrote:
October 31 22, 8:11 am
go birds wrote:
October 30 22, 8:26 am

Levis deserves a lot of blame from Saturday, but the WRs didn’t help him out at all. A drop for like a 30+ gain and the first interception (granted a UT player made a great play) were on the WRs.

Rodriguez will be a mid-round guy because he’s a 5th year RB and while he can be used in the passing game, that isn’t his strong suit. He’s really good, though.

Neyland Stadium was a nice atmosphere but not nice stadium. I can tell they try to cram in the 100K+-Georgia and Alabama have nicer stadiums. Georgia atmosphere is close to Tennessee’s. Alabama’s is a library.

Fans were nice aside from the 1% of knuckleheads (which are everywhere).

Knoxville is a nice city, similar but different to Lexington.
i hadn't really seen rodriguez until saturday and he looks like a plodder to me. i was being somewhat fecetious with the mid-round label.

i think he could be a god back if he could catch passes, but looks more like a gus edwards type, which has value.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

This thread is why Georgia won yesterday.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

nah georgia won yesterday because they have a 3-deep rotation of 4/5 stars on defense

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Game [expletive]. Lulz.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

razorbacks popping champagne bottles in the lockeroom for being bowl eligible

Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat

Post by Lesson »

go birds wrote:
October 29 22, 7:43 pm
Chefskiss.gif
Are you ready to talk yet about Saturday and how Tennessee will never win anything with Rick Barnes?