2011 WS Game 6 in perpetuum

Classic threads for your viewing pleasure.
fanforever
Retired

Re: 2011 WS Game 6 in perpetuum

Post by fanforever »

[/youtube]

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Post by Fat Strat »

Here we are 2 years later. We're in the World Series again. What's amazing about Game 6 is that there's probably nothing that the Cards can do in this series to make it eclipse what happened in '11.

Felix The Cat
Perennial All-Star

Post by Felix The Cat »

Fat Strat wrote:Here we are 2 years later. We're in the World Series again. What's amazing about Game 6 is that there's probably nothing that the Cards can do in this series to make it eclipse what happened in '11.
Of course not. With a more tightly contested NLCS that year (3 blowouts in 6 games), it would've been a perfect postseason run from an entertainment perspective. Late run in the regular season to squeak into the playoffs? Check. NLDS going the distance against the best regular season team capped by a phenomenal pitcher's duel in Game 5? Check. World Series going 7 games with one of the best back-and-forth endings ever in Game 6? Check.

Vidor
You've just been hit by...VidorSmarm™

Post by Vidor »

Fat Strat wrote:Here we are 2 years later. We're in the World Series again. What's amazing about Game 6 is that there's probably nothing that the Cards can do in this series to make it eclipse what happened in '11.
I've come to terms that Game 6 will be the greatest thing I'll ever see as a baseball fan. Eh, guess crushing the Red Sox will be a nice consolation prize.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Nelson Cruz still should have caught that triple. And I'm still not complaining that he didn't.

Vidor
You've just been hit by...VidorSmarm™

Post by Vidor »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:Nelson Cruz still should have caught that triple. And I'm still not complaining that he didn't.
Oh absolutely. He slows down. It looks like he misjudged it, and thought he was going to catch it until he realized he wasn't and made that goofy lunge.

StL Dan
banned

Post by StL Dan »

Vidor wrote:
I've come to terms that Game 6 will be the greatest thing I'll ever see as a baseball fan. Eh, guess crushing the Red Sox will be a nice consolation prize.
I haven't come to terms with the fact I had tickets to Gm 6 for the regularly scheduled day, Wednesday. Then, when it was rained out and moved to Thursday, couldn't go.

Will be forever pissed.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

STOP LIVING IN THE PAST MAN

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

go birds
-go birds