movies

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Re: movies

Post by mikechamp »

thrill wrote:
December 2 22, 10:36 am
That movie will make money. It's the new snakes on a plane.
That movie will win multiple Razzies.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

As much as I and others complain about every movie being a Marvel movie, there are literally 850 new barely-any-conflict Christmas rom-barely-coms in the style of Hallmark out this month. 850. No less. I’m pretty sure all three of the meditation apps I have installed on my phone released one. Gore Tex’s Twitter account released two.

I’m surprised no one here has been asked to be in one. Even LA has to be running out of actors no one has ever seen before, which seems to be a critical component.

My parents are always watching one. And I get pulled in by all my notes above. Now every feed I have is pimping six of them.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Emily the Criminal is a really good straightforward hour and a half crime move with a bit of social commentary mixed in. Aubrey Plaza is great in it. Wanted to see it in theaters but it’s on Netflix now.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

ghostrunner wrote:
December 11 22, 12:13 pm
Emily the Criminal is a really good straightforward hour and a half crime move with a bit of social commentary mixed in. Aubrey Plaza is great in it. Wanted to see it in theaters but it’s on Netflix now.
It sounds kind of like this movie I just made up called Criminal Christmas starring Amber Penzo. Big city lawyer Sarah goes back home where she is mistakenly arrested by handsome (but not, like, established series regular handsome) and newly single deputy Chris (played by Chris Terrywick) for stealing the town's Christmas wreath.

If these movies weren't clearly written by AI I might have a future.

Seriously, that guy that played Sawyer in Lost. He hasn't done anything since 2010. And he's not in these movies. Who are these actors? Are they working for headshots or something? Why are there 7 seconds between lines--to meet run time? Why do they bother making a different soundtrack for each one (assuming they do)?

Watch part of one of these. You'll feel like you're taking crazy pills. Maybe it's a money laundering thing like all the inexplicable mattress stores everywhere? I think it might be human trafficking. Something's up.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Violent Night was great

Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

ghostrunner wrote:
December 11 22, 12:13 pm
Agreed, I had heard nothing about it until I stumbled on it on Netflix the other night. It's very reminiscent of Good Time and Uncut Gems, so much so I was a little surprised it wasn't a Safdie brothers movie like those two.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

Violent Night is fun enough.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Stoked for seAvatar. I bet I’ll feel like a kid at the movies again.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
December 16 22, 4:19 pm
Avatar is Avatar, I guess. It’s bloated and corny (but less than the first?) and an amazing experience. You really have to go.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

December 17 22, 10:58 am
December 16 22, 4:19 pm
Avatar is Avatar, I guess. It’s bloated and corny (but less than the first?) and an amazing experience. You really have to go.
Bloated and corny or the most effective and subversive anti-capitalist propaganda ever made? All hail our greatest modern thinker, Big Jim Cameron!