The Video Game Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by ghostrunner »

I don’t know how much they think it matters, but I wonder if it’s just them going after players they think will be able to sell games to kids and casual gamers. Chisholm is fun, young, energetic, etc… Lots of very good baseball players that aren’t necessarily the most engaging personalities.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Play Vampire Survivors. It's 5 dollars and super addicting. You can also find it on Game Pass.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

My kids really want to new Harry Potter game. I'm not wild about buying it. But it's not out for the Switch until July for some reason, so maybe they'll forget about it by then and we can just buy the new Zelda game instead, which will almost certainly be a much better game anyway.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

I'm definitely getting the Harry Potter game. I love open world games and I love Harry Potter.

Get your kids the Harry Potter game, Zeus.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

The way I figure it is - would I buy the movies or books again if I had kids that wanted them? Sure. But your line is your line. I really like Mel Gibson as a director and actor, but I've been out on anything new from him for a while. I'm reluctant on Tom Cruise, but it's not a hard line.

Rowling is so far up the chain, and I doubt it makes any real difference for her whatsoever.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

ghostrunner wrote:
February 9 23, 12:32 pm
The way I figure it is - would I buy the movies or books again if I had kids that wanted them? Sure. But your line is your line. I really like Mel Gibson as a director and actor, but I've been out on anything new from him for a while. I'm reluctant on Tom Cruise, but it's not a hard line.

Rowling is so far up the chain, and I doubt it makes any real difference for her whatsoever.
Yeah, this is where I'm at. Yadda yadda "there's no ethical consumption under capitalism" but it's true. My kids ave read all the books and we've seen a decent number of the movies. The kids will only be kids for this short number of years, and right now, they'd really enjoy playing an open world Harry Potter game, and yes JK Rowling will get like $3.

MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

heyzeus wrote:
February 9 23, 1:35 pm
ghostrunner wrote:
February 9 23, 12:32 pm

Yeah, this is where I'm at. Yadda yadda "there's no ethical consumption under capitalism" but it's true. My kids ave read all the books and we've seen a decent number of the movies. The kids will only be kids for this short number of years, and right now, they'd really enjoy playing an open world Harry Potter game, and yes JK Rowling will get like $3.
Currently, there is no endgame in HP. Im not sure how much you, or your kids, care about replayability.

MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

Sosa and McGwire are coming the MLB The Show 23. GIDDYUP!

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Anyone else playing the new Zelda Tears of the Kingdom game? This is probably the first time my kids (11 and 8) are more obsessed with and better at a game than I am. Hell I haven't even played it yet. No time.

Anyway, it's basically the same game as Breath of the Wild, but with some clever new features. I say this as a good thing.