What the hell is (a) bitcoin?

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Re: What the hell is (a) bitcoin?

Post by sighyoung »

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

sighyoung wrote:
November 17 22, 4:04 pm
I'm going to wait for him to release this over 82 fortune cookies. Seriously, beyond the long-lived democracy and mental health disasters, Twitter is now owned by a Bond villain. Seems like a wonderful time to start presenting work in a way that is actually readable and not clunkier than square wheels.

I'll read this, because I'm intrigued, but not after this preliminary [expletive].

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

Pour one out for the Lyft driver who told me circa December 2021 that "fiat currency is dead" and bragged about how much money he was making on crypto.

It was sometime this past summer that I ordered cheap Chinese from my closest greasy spoon takeout spot. The fortunes in the fortune cookies were advertisements for FTX. I think it's safe to say that financial instruments being advertised inside novelty cookies should be viewed as junk.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

G. Keenan wrote:
November 18 22, 11:56 am
Pour one out for the Lyft driver who told me circa December 2021 that "fiat currency is dead" and bragged about how much money he was making on crypto.

It was sometime this past summer that I ordered cheap Chinese from my closest greasy spoon takeout spot. The fortunes in the fortune cookies were advertisements for FTX. I think it's safe to say that financial instruments being advertised inside novelty cookies should be viewed as junk.
Both of these scream "asset bubble" to me.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

sighyoung wrote:
November 18 22, 8:48 pm
G. Keenan wrote:
November 18 22, 11:56 am

Both of these scream "asset bubble" to me.
Lyft drivers are today's shoeshine boys I guess.

Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer

Post by Arthur Dent »

sighyoung wrote:
November 18 22, 8:38 pm
I’m guessing that giving an interview to Vox and confessing that he was definitely doing crimes was not what his lawyer was advising him to do.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Arthur Dent wrote:
November 18 22, 10:03 pm
sighyoung wrote:
November 18 22, 8:38 pm
I’m guessing that giving an interview to Vox and confessing that he was definitely doing crimes was not what his lawyer was advising him to do.
Yeah I would love to hear from the resident pros on this one but from my little understanding, he has really hurt himself speaking post bankruptcy. And that’s not even touching what he did to cause the bankruptcy which is, seemingly, plentiful.

He’s got to be facing 10+ years jail time, no? Billy McFarland did a couple for a couple charges of wire fraud? This is seemingly much bigger.

Going to the utmost extreme, it seems he did less than mad off who just flat out stole, knowing he was stealing and with the full intention of stealing and for more money by at least a factor of 4

If sbf was illegally taking clients money and investing it with the intention of making money, which seems to be the most believable scenario, while just stealing a little for himself, how is that judged in comparison?

Elizabeth holmes got what 11 years for whatever she did. Seems to be the most apropos albeit imperfect comparable situation.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

I brought this up earlier and was told to make a thread in the political forum, but I venture to say this is crypto related. I think his sentence is going to depend on how deeply these ties w/ FTX go within the Democratic Party and Ukraine and who in the process of this could be exposed.

Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer

Post by Arthur Dent »

Don’t think anyone is going to hesitate for even a second before throwing this guy under the bus. Also, what is the Ukraine connection to this supposed to be?