GRB Kids thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Re: GRB Kids thread

Post by GeddyWrox »

ghostrunner wrote:
October 21 22, 8:07 am
Just took my son last week to visit colleges for next year. Looking like U of Cincinnati is the most likely spot unless money falls from the sky. We all really liked UofC, but there's an East and a West coast college he'd prefer if money's not an issue.
My daughter is a Jr this year, but we're already doing some college visits too. We've looked at Rockhurst in KC, SIU-C in Illinois, Mizzou and Missouri State (Springfield). She wants to go see Elmhurst and Northwestern in CHI too. That'll be this spring.

redbirdjazzz
Perennial All-Star

Post by redbirdjazzz »

ghostrunner wrote:
October 21 22, 8:07 am
Just took my son last week to visit colleges for next year. Looking like U of Cincinnati is the most likely spot unless money falls from the sky. We all really liked UofC, but there's an East and a West coast college he'd prefer if money's not an issue.
My paternal grandparents both went to UofC. My grandpa got his PhD there in 1950 or so.

GeddyWrox

Post by GeddyWrox »

My daughter turns 17 this weekend. And we just got her PSAT scores back. She's in the 96th percentile and in the running for National Merit Scholarship stuff.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

GeddyWrox wrote:
December 5 22, 9:19 am
My daughter turns 17 this weekend. And we just got her PSAT scores back. She's in the 96th percentile and in the running for National Merit Scholarship stuff.
👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

GeddyWrox wrote:
WOOT! WOOT! Be proud, papa.

GeddyWrox

Post by GeddyWrox »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
December 5 22, 9:28 am
GeddyWrox wrote:
WOOT! WOOT! Be proud, papa.
I am! VERY!!

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Although she’s in her 30s and hardly a kid anymore, I’m putting this here as a proud papa.

She shocked us at Christmas by giving us a trip to Europe next month to celebrate our 70th birthdays. When we objected citing her teacher’s salary and cost of living in Boston, she cut us off saying she has planned for this, that we’ve been hibernating for the last 3 years and, in her opinion, withering away and we need off our asses and get back out into the world. End of discussion.

We are going to Prague! I know many of you are probably scratching your heads thinking it’s February, why not a Mediterranean spot? We’re not big beach people and both of us have Czech/Slovak/Hungarian ancestry. So far we’ve booked the flights and Airbnb along with a classical music tour with concert and dinner.

Major props to the kiddo.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

That's awesome. I would never do that for my parents. I'm guessing you guys deserve it more than mine, lol

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

Radbird wrote:
January 6 23, 11:05 am
Although she’s in her 30s and hardly a kid anymore, I’m putting this here as a proud papa.

She shocked us at Christmas by giving us a trip to Europe next month to celebrate our 70th birthdays. When we objected citing her teacher’s salary and cost of living in Boston, she cut us off saying she has planned for this, that we’ve been hibernating for the last 3 years and, in her opinion, withering away and we need off our asses and get back out into the world. End of discussion.

We are going to Prague! I know many of you are probably scratching your heads thinking it’s February, why not a Mediterranean spot? We’re not big beach people and both of us have Czech/Slovak/Hungarian ancestry. So far we’ve booked the flights and Airbnb along with a classical music tour with concert and dinner.

Major props to the kiddo.
That's terrific. Enjoy! My son visited Prague a few years ago (his fellowship program included a trip to Europe at the end of his freshman year, and the students had a week to themselves to travel). It was his favorite part of his trip. Architecturally gorgeous. And, as you well know, the musical heritage is amazing.

I'm sure you'll enjoy. Post pictures!

GeddyWrox

Post by GeddyWrox »

Wow, I'm super jealous!!! I hope it's amazing!!