Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

Last edited by jim on July 28 16, 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Re: Weird and obscure "famous" people you know

Post by IMADreamer »

I know President Obama's Executive Secretary. Apparently Joe Biden is hilarious and a super nice guy. She's obviously a big fan of the President.

Maclowery
Child Pot Activist

Post by Maclowery »

I love hearing these.

My buddy dated the Daily Show's makeup artist, so I got to hang out backstage, talk to Samantha Bee about her kids. Tried to get Stewart to drop by my bar (he couldn't have cared less about his makeup lady's boyfriend's buddy).

I've gotten to meet a bunch of random celebs bartending in the city. The guy who played Samir in Office Space was a regular of mine while he did a play across the street. Kind of a schmuck - he always insisted he recognized me from working in Chicago, where he is from. Never would try all the great whisky I had behind me, only Chivas. Racial stereotype that's true: Indians love Chivas irrationally over other whiskies. Dean Cain was the nicest dude, and probably the most fun I've had talking over a bar with a recognizable face.

My mother is on a first name basis with Bob Costas, who she helped at a few events at Wash U. She is a super humble woman for the most part, so it's really funny to see her show his name in her contacts if he comes up in conversations.

I tried to get Macaulay Culkin's sister's number, she hangs out at my dive bar of choice, and was at my friends' wedding. She said she had a boyfriend (it was a fib, but I forgive her). Chatted with her a few times since then, did shots with Keiran and her one night.

Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

A grade school classmate is an associate producer on Rick and Morty, that's about as close as I get on that front. I'm a boring guy.
Last edited by Transmogrified Tiger on November 29 15, 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Old story, but I know "snozzberries taste like snozzberries!" Guy from supertroopers (who, as you know, is married to Boobasaurus Rex).

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

And my childhood best friends directed the blockbuster hits Humboldt County and Growing Up (and other lies), and were hired to direct a film adaptation of 3 Nights in August til Billy Bob Thornton [expletive] them.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

Dan Castellaneta, the guy who does the voice of Homer Simpson, lived in the house directly behind the house my wife was living in when I met her.

One of the writers on The Family Guy is a cousin of my wife's best friend from school. Lots of interesting stories.

Former Blackhawks captain Terry Ruskowski coaches our minor league hockey team. I've met him tons of times and he knows my wife and I pretty well because we help out with the booster club.

My brother was good friends with one of the original guys in "Blue Man Group". He went to our high school. He was more of an acquaintance of mine than a friend.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

Actor and Blues musician Jim Byrnes. I don't know this guy personally. I've only interacted with him briefly on Facebook a couple times. He's an old high school friend of my dad's that he met again through Facebook a couple years ago. Fascinating, fascinating story. He's from St. Louis (obviously). He's won a few JUNO Awards (which I'm told is the Canadian equivalent of a Grammy Award, basically). He's lived in Vancouver, BC for a long time now. He still has a radio show today, and is still making music for that matter. He's played with tons and tons of famous musicians over the years, and was friends with Ray Charles I guess. He also was an actor for a number of years. His biggest role was on Highlander for a number of years.

He's accomplished all of this despite losing both of his legs in a horrible car accident in 1972. Just a fascinating life this guy has had. Read the rest of his bio here:
http://www.jamestbyrnes.com/bio.html

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

My college roommate's dad invented the McRibb. We always had a freezer full of them, but would just go to McDonald's instead.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

stlouie_lipp wrote:My college roommate's dad invented the McRibb. We always had a freezer full of them, but would just go to McDonald's instead.
Funny.. That reminds me that my college roomate's Dad had some close connection with invention of Jiffy Pop popcorn.

I love McRibb's, but I do worry about them. Can you do me a favor and find out from that guy what they are made of exactly?