Coronavirus

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Radbird »

Night 1 wasn’t great. Spent most of it hacking away from the sinus drainage, resulting in an extremely sore throat & rib cage - actually my whole body is sore. After talking to the triage nurse yesterday, I decided against using the Paxlovid therapeutic due to my renal issues and the potential side-effects to liver and kidney but have the prescription in hand if things change. Today my head is much clearer. I still have taste and smell and no gastrointestinal problems yet. Got the 5th jab on Jan 4 and it is hopefully mounting an aggressive defense.

If you want to help boost my spirits, submit a few playlists for the tourney. I’m stuck in the upstairs bedroom at least thru the weekend and need something to focus on.

Appreciate all the support and well-wishes.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Sorry, just poked in here and saw this, Rad. Hope you get better soon.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

Take care. The wife just came down with round two on Saturday. I am so far prognosis negative.

I'm real tired of this damn thing.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Mrs Rad went positive this morning.

Bright side: Mild symptoms so far. It’ll be in our rear view mirror before the trip.

Flip side: She has to set aside her RA drugs because they are immunosuppressive and she’ll feel the effects of that as she recovers which will likely bleed over into the trip. But we’ll make whatever adjustments are needed. Our place is right on Old Town Square where there’s a ton to do and near the metro/tram stops for excursions.