Mod Appreciation Thread

Need support or have a suggestion on how to improve the site? Post it here.
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Re: Mod Appreciation Thread

Post by heyzeus »

thrill wrote:
April 20 22, 8:22 am
Oh no! I have to delete posts from bots and PM people when they are too mean! Being a mod is soooo hard!! The OG mod crew was in the trenches when forums were the blood-soaked battle grounds of the internet. When forums were the home for trolls, not social media. You young pups have no clue what it was like. Except Rad. He knows.
Man, no wonder we revoked your mod privileges. BOOM ROASTED AGAIN

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

Sounds like someone is volunteering for another tour of duty!!!

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

thrill wrote:
Oh no! I have to delete posts from bots and PM people when they are too mean! Being a mod is soooo hard!! The OG mod crew was in the trenches when forums were the blood-soaked battle grounds of the internet. When forums were the home for trolls, not social media. You young pups have no clue what it was like. Except Rad. He knows.
When I was a Usenet moderator, I got calls from people in the national organization associated with the topic. Some calls were "what the hell is this thing?". Other calls were seeking help squelching voices they didn't want heard. I couldn't do that. I was no longer moderator. Quit before I was fired.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

thrill wrote:
Oh, I remember…

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

A BIG thank you to the mod team!

Gashouse
Perennial All-Star

Post by Gashouse »

Hear! Hear! You all are great! You make this a great place to read and ephemerally post.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

In all seriousness, there are a lot of things to care about in life, a lot of things to spend your energy on. Being a mod is mostly fun, but there are times when you ask yourself why you're dedicating any of that energy to keeping cardinals posters in line on a message board. I know from experience that if you think the forum seems healthy and chill, there is actual mental labor that goes into that from the mod team behind the scenes. I'm glad they care enough to do it for us. A good mod team is almost invisible in how they enforce forum rules and ours does a phenomenal job of that.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

MinorLeagueGuy wrote:
April 18 22, 10:54 am
A thankless job if there ever was one.

Slanté
Bourbon on me for anyone coming thru indy.

But it's bourbon or bourbon related cocktails.