Mod Appreciation Thread

Need support or have a suggestion on how to improve the site? Post it here.
TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart

Mod Appreciation Thread

Post by TheoSqua »

With the new season starting and the posting volume of the forum starting to increase, I wanted to take a moment to thank the Mods.

In exchange for the green colored text on their names, the Mods spend hours every week reading the forum, talking to posters through PMs, banning bots, adjusting and editing posts, talking to each-other on the best way to approach situations, etc. It's a lot more work than I anticipated when I signed up for it. And for the privilege of doing all this work, the mods actually pay money every month to assist with hosting costs.

Over the last few years i've had less and less time to spend on GRB and at this point I do very little moderation work myself. The lions share of the work is done by @heyzeus @Radbird and @CardsofSTL.

So thank you three for all of the work you spend to keep this forum running. I know it can feel thankless at times, but I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate all of the extra effort you guys spend on this site. It's still a joy for me to visit here and read through the great conversations that are created here, and I know that wouldn't happen without everything you three do for this site.

I hope the rest of the forum can take a moment and express their appreciation as well.

Thank you again!

MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Re: Mod Appreciation Thread

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

A thankless job if there ever was one.

Slanté

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

Seconded.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

TheoSqua wrote:
April 18 22, 10:50 am
It's a lot more work than I anticipated when I signed up for it. And for the privilege of doing all this work, the mods actually pay money every month to assist with hosting costs.
I was a Usenet moderator back in the day. Thanks for doing what you do.

Now, maybe I missed it so please repost if I did: Please point me to the GoFundMe, Venmo, Zelle, or whatever app you got to make GRB hosting donations and I will gladly set something up!

Thanks again.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

Thanks for nothing jerks.

TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart

Post by TheoSqua »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
April 18 22, 11:24 am
TheoSqua wrote:
April 18 22, 10:50 am
It's a lot more work than I anticipated when I signed up for it. And for the privilege of doing all this work, the mods actually pay money every month to assist with hosting costs.
I was a Usenet moderator back in the day. Thanks for doing what you do.

Now, maybe I missed it so please repost if I did: Please point me to the GoFundMe, Venmo, Zelle, or whatever app you got to make GRB hosting donations and I will gladly set something up!

Thanks again.
We have a patreon: https://www.patreon.com/gatewayredbirds Any contributions are appreciated, but not expected.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Awww thanks @TheoSqua. I'm glad I got to meet you that one time at that bar like 15 years ago.

Superorganism
Veteran Player

Post by Superorganism »

Good work gents

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

@CardsofSTL is one of the fairest mods I've ever encountered. Good job to all of you.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

heyzeus wrote:
April 18 22, 12:07 pm
Awww thanks @TheoSqua. I'm glad I got to meet you that one time at that bar like 15 years ago.
Wait, I also met @TheoSqua one time in a bar like 10 year ago. I’m sensing a trend. Was he secretly vetting us in anticipation of his impending GRB coup?? My encounter was at Mollys in Soulard.

@CardsofSTL did this happen to you too??? :-k