Fireworks

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Fireworks

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I'm done with them. Although it is funny to hear police scanners responding to possible shots fired calls in the ritzy part of town, I've had enough. Pretty sure my parents' neighbors have some very illegal, homemade fireworks. It spooked their dog enough to give it a seizure early this morning.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Re: Fireworks

Post by cardinalkarp »

Unless they are done somewhere professionally, I hate them. Dangerous and annoying as hell.

Molly
Perennial All-Star

Post by Molly »

A constant pain in the ass from the end of June until the middle of July in my southside neighborhood.

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

Even the professional displays get boring after about five minutes. I don't understand how people can sit there and shoot off the same crappy stuff all night every night.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

We go to my Dad's farm every 4th (7th this year) and set off a bunch, and I'm not crazy about them either. I do like my brother in law's homemade potato gun, but every year he keeps "refining" it. One day he's going to refine it to the point where it's going to blow up in someones face.

Molly
Perennial All-Star

Post by Molly »

In our neighborhood, all we get are firecrackers and bottlerockets. And for months after the 4th I'm picking up those damn bottlerocks from my front & back yard. If you're going to shoot those things off at least hit our garage and set it on fire so we can collect the insurance money!!!

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

This wet weather is going to keep the fires way down this year. Unlike last year.

Some poor kid lost most of his hand last week around here.

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

As a kid, they were fun because you could fire bottle rockets at neighborhood cats who wandered into the yard.

Sutter'sBeard
is the oscar meyer weiner kid

Post by Sutter'sBeard »

JL21 wrote:As a kid, they were fun because you could fire bottle rockets at neighborhood cats who wandered into the yard.
We fired them at each other. Every July I am thankful that I made it through my youth with all of my fingers, eyes, and hearing. Put bottle rockets into small pvc pipes and stood on opposite ends of a tennis court and shock and awed the f***out of each other.

Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

You guys don't sound like much fun. Sparkler bombs anyone?