Re: Random musings

Post by Arthur Dent »

G. Keenan wrote:
November 18 22, 12:33 pm
TGantz wrote:
November 15 22, 11:05 am
CardsofSTL wrote:
November 11 22, 11:32 am
Annual eye exam today. Doctor dilated my eyes and I can't read [expletive]. Not a fan.
I love how they always act like it's a minor inconvenience as if it doesn't turn daylight into the burning of a thousand suns for the next two hours.
I've never had the balls to agree to it. I always decline.
My eye doctor bought some fancy camera gizmo that takes super high resolution, wide field photos of of your retina without any dilation. It was not expensive. Highly recommend.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

Arthur Dent wrote:
November 18 22, 1:40 pm
G. Keenan wrote:
TGantz wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
Annual eye exam today. Doctor dilated my eyes and I can't read [expletive]. Not a fan.
I love how they always act like it's a minor inconvenience as if it doesn't turn daylight into the burning of a thousand suns for the next two hours.
My eye doctor bought some fancy camera gizmo that takes super high resolution, wide field photos of of your retina without any dilation. It was not expensive. Highly recommend.
Yes, I always go for that option. It's like an extra $35 bucks, which I feel is worth it so they can see if there's tumor on my retina or something.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Arthur Dent wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
TGantz wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
Yeah that's called retinapathy and I had that done too. No idea why insurance never covers that but it's under $40. He wanted to dilate my eyes though because I was a new patient and he wanted a full work up I guess.

Tambourine Man
accepts no jimitators

Post by Tambourine Man »

I really dislike the trend of grown-ass men wearing sneakers with suits. Not a fan at all.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Tambourine Man wrote:
November 29 22, 11:42 pm
I really dislike the trend of grown-ass men wearing sneakers with suits. Not a fan at all.
What if it's a denim suit?

Tambourine Man
accepts no jimitators

Post by Tambourine Man »

CardsofSTL wrote:
November 30 22, 5:36 am
Tambourine Man wrote:
November 29 22, 11:42 pm
What if it's a denim suit?
Well now, that's a whole different beast. Pimp af.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

So I need to renew my passport and go online to get the forms and see that I can renew it online instead of through the mail. Sweet! Just gotta get a digital passport photo to upload. Cool. Walk to CVS next to my office. Do you do digital passport photos? Yes. Ok, great, how do I get the copy? We can save them to a USB, which you have to first purchase from us, and you have to take the printed copies too, just because. Brilliant. Walk to the Walgreens next to my office. Do you do digital passport photos? Same answer. Can't you just email them to me? Nope. And I can't use my own USB? Nope. LOL.

Cutting edge, guys!

I know I could just take a pic myself on my iPhone in front of a white wall and crop it to the right size and make sure it's at least 600 x 600 pixels, but if I do that, what will inevitably happen is I'll upload it with my application only to be told 6 weeks later that there was some glitch with the photo and I have to start all over. I'd rather just pay the $20 for someone else to take it, but I'll be damned if I'm going to be forced to buy a $6 USB just to receive it. So I found a place that will email it to me.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

G. Keenan wrote:
November 30 22, 4:00 pm
So I need to renew my passport and go online to get the forms and see that I can renew it online instead of through the mail. Sweet! Just gotta get a digital passport photo to upload. Cool. Walk to CVS next to my office. Do you do digital passport photos? Yes. Ok, great, how do I get the copy? We can save them to a USB, which you have to first purchase from us, and you have to take the printed copies too, just because. Brilliant. Walk to the Walgreens next to my office. Do you do digital passport photos? Same answer. Can't you just email them to me? Nope. And I can't use my own USB? Nope. LOL.

Cutting edge, guys!

I know I could just take a pic myself on my iPhone in front of a white wall and crop it to the right size and make sure it's at least 600 x 600 pixels, but if I do that, what will inevitably happen is I'll upload it with my application only to be told 6 weeks later that there was some glitch with the photo and I have to start all over. I'd rather just pay the $20 for someone else to take it, but I'll be damned if I'm going to be forced to buy a $6 USB just to receive it. So I found a place that will email it to me.
If you're not doing a bathroom mirror selfie you're doing it wrong.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Crypto-currency was made for the metaverse. No better method of exchange in a meaningless non-reality than a currency based on nothing.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

G. Keenan wrote:
November 18 22, 1:57 pm
Arthur Dent wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
TGantz wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
Yes, I always go for that option. It's like an extra $35 bucks, which I feel is worth it so they can see if there's tumor on my retina or something.
I missed this. Just had it done a few weeks ago. It was cool just to see it if nothing else.