Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Re: Random musings

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

I'm really only starting to appreciate my poor memory for faces over the last few years. But knowing doesn't help, and possibly just adds shame to it all. When I drop my kid off at school, I walk right past people. They probably think I'm a dick.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

But wait, there’s more…

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

As you know, I fully approve. And in fact, I'm moving into the unicorn law space.

TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me

Post by TGantz »

heyzeus wrote:
December 15 22, 7:56 am
As you know, I fully approve. And in fact, I'm moving into the unicorn law space.
And I'll take that advise under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

TGantz wrote:
December 17 22, 5:58 am
heyzeus wrote:
December 15 22, 7:56 am
And I'll take that advise under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?
Bird law in this country…it’s not governed by reason.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

Is all the water on Earth like 5 billion years old or thereabouts? That's my assumption, that every time you take a sip of water you're drinking H2O molecules that have been kicking around for billions of years, just cycling through different phases and places. Maybe that same water molecule you just imbibed a minute ago was once a dinosaur's pee.

Apart from some small quantity of water that is man-made in labs for various reasons.

TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me

Post by TGantz »

G. Keenan wrote:
December 17 22, 1:34 pm
Is all the water on Earth like 5 billion years old or thereabouts? That's my assumption, that every time you take a sip of water you're drinking H2O molecules that have been kicking around for billions of years, just cycling through different phases and places. Maybe that same water molecule you just imbibed a minute ago was once a dinosaur's pee.

Apart from some small quantity of water that is man-made in labs for various reasons.
All of my water was made by Nestle and is USDA organic. Enjoy your pterodactyl pee, nerds.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

G. Keenan wrote:
December 17 22, 1:34 pm
Is all the water on Earth like 5 billion years old or thereabouts? That's my assumption, that every time you take a sip of water you're drinking H2O molecules that have been kicking around for billions of years, just cycling through different phases and places.
“Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters."

Circle of life baby! Circle of life! We are but dust and water with the spark of sentience, cursed and blessed with this awareness. Changing forms, nothing wasted and nothing destroyed. Awake for the blink of a cosmic eye and returned to the earth.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

I’m Type I Diabetic. I will be tomorrow, the next day, in April when a new primary provider is finally able to see me, and I will be the day I die… from T1D.

So why the [expletive] do I need a referral to see an endocrinologist? This is the only way I can get refills on the equipment I need for my Continuous Monitor with my new insurance.

I think I might check into the ER every day until I can see an endo and get the gear I need to take care of myself, just to make insurance pay for it. Bad outcomes like the ER are far more likely without CGM. But I have to jump through hoops for several months to get it.

This is so backwards and infuriating.