Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Re: Random musings

Post by IMADreamer »

TGantz wrote:
August 15 22, 1:37 pm
I successfully drew a managed deer hunt for later this year. Never thought I'd get it, but definitely pumped.
Oh yeah? Where at? It's crazy to think bow season is six weeks away.

TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me

Post by TGantz »

Shaw Nature Reserve. It is specifically for people that haven't notched a deer tag themselves, as I've only been an observer with deer hunting (went with my own tags last season but didn't get one).

It's going to be super weird to hunt in a property owned by Botanical Gardens, but I'm pretty pumped because it is crawling with deer according to anyone I've talked to that hikes there.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

It feels like sacrilege to throw away a baseball, but what should one do with a very degraded, cut, worn baseball? I mean, it's in bad shape.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

This was written in a Yahoo! news article. I always thought it was 'pylon' and I still think it is.
This one is a shot play to the front side. Thielen runs a corner route to the pile-on and Jefferson runs an out route to the sidelines. Cousins ends up checking the ball down to Mundt for five yards.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/week-1-cow ... 28320.html

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

Quote from my wife this morning "you know when I married a farmer I didn't realize part of my daily routine would be listening to farm markets on the radio as I got ready for work."

Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!

Post by Schlich »

mikechamp wrote:
September 1 22, 1:57 pm
It feels like sacrilege to throw away a baseball, but what should one do with a very degraded, cut, worn baseball? I mean, it's in bad shape.
give it to someone with a dog?

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

IMADreamer wrote:
September 15 22, 9:03 am
Quote from my wife this morning "you know when I married a farmer I didn't realize part of my daily routine would be listening to farm markets on the radio as I got ready for work."
It's like when I as a land lubber happen to hear a maritime weather forecast, usually by accident on vacation or something. These guys are talking about tides and windspeeds in knots and [expletive] like that. I'm like, what parallel reality is this?

Smith Corks One
All-Star

Post by Smith Corks One »

IMADreamer wrote:
July 16 22, 7:30 pm
There seems to be trend of people ending conversations with "have a blessed day." Nothing tells me you are brainwashed Trump supporting dip [expletive] like telling me to have a blessed day. I'm going to start responding with Hail Satan.
Hard agree with the rant, but I think it has to well pre-date Trump the political figure with actual followers. I have to have started hearing it at least 20 years ago. Hmm...Guess that would put it right around the beginning of Dubya's reign. But no argument that to a person, they are indeed Trumpanzees.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Smith Corks One wrote:
September 16 22, 8:08 pm
IMADreamer wrote:
July 16 22, 7:30 pm
There seems to be trend of people ending conversations with "have a blessed day." Nothing tells me you are brainwashed Trump supporting dip [expletive] like telling me to have a blessed day. I'm going to start responding with Hail Satan.
Hard agree with the rant, but I think it has to well pre-date Trump the political figure with actual followers. I have to have started hearing it at least 20 years ago. Hmm...Guess that would put it right around the beginning of Dubya's reign. But no argument that to a person, they are indeed Trumpanzees.
The people who owned the furniture store I managed for a bit before realizing I had to get out were really big on ending every conversation, email or whatever with "Have a blessed day."

They were scamming the heck out of everybody and just lining their pockets before everything collapsed. They either couldn't or wouldn't adapt to necessary changes during and after the pandemic. Before, they were a solid company but when things got tough, they sure made sure they got their money and everybody else got screwed. In the past year they've gone from three stores in the area to one because everybody started quitting after I left (I was just the first to realize what was going on and being able to bail). They didn't have enough people to work three stores so they closed the smaller one and then they lost their lease on the big store a couple of months ago.

They are still taking money from people who will never get their furniture and probably never get their money back. These jackholes actually have the balls to try and charge a restocking fee when a customer wants a refund. Restock what? The customer has been waiting for six months for furniture they paid for in full but will never get delivered because the owners aren't paying the bills with the manufacturers and are cut off.

Of course they try and lean on their supposed Christian values to sucker people and try and get them to calm down when they get screwed. The Prescotts should be in jail.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

One time an atheist told me to go to hell.