Donnie Ebert
Perennial All-Star

Re: Life changes

Post by Donnie Ebert »

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i might be about to start a life change. my boss is leaving for a new position at the end of the month. kind of the reason i moved out here was my comfort level with her.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Jocephus wrote:
October 5 22, 2:07 pm
i might be about to start a life change. my boss is leaving for a new position at the end of the month. kind of the reason i moved out here was my comfort level with her.
Be her replacement

Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer

Post by Arthur Dent »

Jocephus wrote:
How do you feel about Colorado outside the job?

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Arthur Dent wrote:
October 5 22, 2:48 pm
Jocephus wrote:
oh its great and i'd prefer to stay, despite the CoL/housing concerns (though that might just be everywhere). i suppose it all depends on what the university does w/r/t her position. it's only 3 of us in IR and i'm not sure they will just replace her, or shove us underneath some other department. not entirely confident our executive team respects us, they're kinda corporate/political rather than what i call a traditional academic president/team. the other analyst likely could take over the director position, he's very bright and has been here a long time, but i'm also not sure how interested he would be. he's kind of a renaissance guy who can do just about anything, and he's originally from the area and could easily just go back to ranching on his fathers property. truth be told, this does give me a reason to start looking at front range schools and i've actually already submitted a job app to UC boulder in their faculty affairs office, which on paper i'm more than qualified (and pays more). i'd always thought i'd be here maybe 5-6 years before i started looking again but it's only been 3 years so i may be jumping the gun but feel like i need to do something or at least start planning. plus, while the western slope is truly gorgeous, there is a lot of right wing nonsense thats a little "meh" to be around.

she gave us a heads up last friday she was likely to get an offer this week and accept it, which has happened so its been weird the last few days, my mind has been swirling. plus, kelly, the other analyst is on a week long vacation so i'm feeling very isolated this week.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Jocephus wrote:
October 5 22, 3:02 pm
Arthur Dent wrote:
October 5 22, 2:48 pm
Jocephus wrote:
oh its great and i'd prefer to stay, despite the CoL/housing concerns (though that might just be everywhere). i suppose it all depends on what the university does w/r/t her position. it's only 3 of us in IR and i'm not sure they will just replace her, or shove us underneath some other department. not entirely confident our executive team respects us, they're kinda corporate/political rather than what i call a traditional academic president/team. the other analyst likely could take over the director position, he's very bright and has been here a long time, but i'm also not sure how interested he would be. he's kind of a renaissance guy who can do just about anything, and he's originally from the area and could easily just go back to ranching on his fathers property. truth be told, this does give me a reason to start looking at front range schools and i've actually already submitted a job app to UC boulder in their faculty affairs office, which on paper i'm more than qualified (and pays more). i'd always thought i'd be here maybe 5-6 years before i started looking again but it's only been 3 years so i may be jumping the gun but feel like i need to do something or at least start planning. plus, while the western slope is truly gorgeous, there is a lot of right wing nonsense thats a little "meh" to be around.

she gave us a heads up last friday she was likely to get an offer this week and accept it, which has happened so its been weird the last few days, my mind has been swirling. plus, kelly, the other analyst is on a week long vacation so i'm feeling very isolated this week.
Man, I would live in Boulder in a heartbeat. Although obvs the affordability problems there are even worse.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Jocephus wrote:
October 5 22, 3:02 pm
plus, while the western slope is truly gorgeous, there is a lot of right wing nonsense thats a little "meh" to be around.
I spent a ton of time in the front range (RMNP) when I was a kid and when I drove through the western slope a few years back, it was quite the eye opener. The front range is civilization. The western slope is frozen in 1950 with lots and lots of guns. It's more jarring a difference than urban and rural California. Two totally different worlds.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Boulder would definitely take care of the right wing stuff but is a very expensive place to live, although South Boulder has more affordable options (recognize that I left before all of the housing price insanity happened). You could live outside the city limits in Boulder County, many good choices like Louisville, Lafayette, Broomfield, Lyons (home of Rockygrass festival). Even Longmont, although the farther northeast you go, the more red it gets. Or you can look at mountain towns like Nederland (home of Frozen Dead Guy Days).

You can also look south in Jeffco towns like Westminster and Arvada.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

It’s really hard to get used to hot market housing prices when you’re from the Midwest. MF’ers asking for half a mil for a 3/2 with 1500 sf.

-Florida thrill

Jo get a job at FAU and move to Jupiter. We can be roomies.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

We just closed on a 3,160 square feet 5 bedroom, 3 bathroom for just over half that, and we think its bad here. I don't see how people make enough money to afford some of those houses, but I guess they do.