ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Re: Whoppers

Post by ghostrunner »

G. Keenan wrote:
September 13 22, 12:00 pm
heyzeus wrote:
September 13 22, 11:56 am
They make a Beyond Whopper now. I'm gonna try it some day. But not this day.
It's fine.
Yep. It's fine. I wouldn't say it's like the real thing but I might order it again if I land in a BK during a trip or something.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Smith Corks One wrote:
September 13 22, 7:32 pm
heyzeus wrote:
Unless they've recently added this to their menu, it's actually an Impossible Whopper (the rival fake-meat company). As a former vegetarian, with a wife who still is, I've eaten quite a few, because their two-for-whatever sale is the only way they're affordable. I like them, though, probably as much as the real McCoy.
as a current vegetarian i would have interest in the impossible whopper but i believe i've read they still grill the patties on the same grill so it just seems risky to me that i'd get beef flakes or certainly the beef juice/grease mixed in there. that might lean more towards veganism, which i'm not, but it's still something i'd rather not deal with.

of the "traditional" fast food places, taco bell is the only one i feel comfortable ordering from as its a 1 for 1 swap of beef for black beans and since taco bell has mastered the process of using the same 5 ingredients just packaged differently, i can still have all the craziness of say, a chalupa. that makes me proud to be an american.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Smith Corks One wrote:
heyzeus wrote:
Unless they've recently added this to their menu, it's actually an Impossible Whopper (the rival fake-meat company). As a former vegetarian, with a wife who still is, I've eaten quite a few, because their two-for-whatever sale is the only way they're affordable. I like them, though, probably as much as the real McCoy.
My son's a vegetarian, so I've eaten my fair share of Beyond/Impossible burgers. I can't tell them apart. But they're also unexpectedly good. Like, I don't even like vegetables, and hate those old black bean veggie burger patties. And I find the Beyond/Impossible burgers legit great.

I just haven't had the fake Whopper yet.

Smith Corks One
All-Star

Post by Smith Corks One »

Jocephus wrote:
September 14 22, 7:56 am
Smith Corks One wrote:
heyzeus wrote:
as a current vegetarian i would have interest in the impossible whopper but i believe i've read they still grill the patties on the same grill so it just seems risky to me that i'd get beef flakes or certainly the beef juice/grease mixed in there. that might lean more towards veganism, which i'm not, but it's still something i'd rather not deal with.

of the "traditional" fast food places, taco bell is the only one i feel comfortable ordering from as its a 1 for 1 swap of beef for black beans and since taco bell has mastered the process of using the same 5 ingredients just packaged differently, i can still have all the craziness of say, a chalupa. that makes me proud to be an american.
Yeah, Taco Bell is the bee's [expletive] knees for carnivores and herbivores alike.