Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Post Reply
User avatar
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy
Posts: 24841
Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
Location: Out of the Loop

Re: Random musings

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

lukethedrifter wrote:Random musings seem neither to be rant nor rave, merely musings. Hmmm.
I'm fairly certain these musings aren't random, either.

User avatar
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me
Posts: 62330
Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
Location: LF Bleachers @ Busch II

Re: Random musings

Post by Radbird »

I have random [expletive] popping into my brain all the time. Sometimes I muse, sometimes I don't.

User avatar
Secret Weapon
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 8386
Joined: May 12 06, 7:09 pm
Location: CoMo

Re: Random musings

Post by Secret Weapon »

just watching the local news, they were showing highlights of high school football games. They showed only one highlight in the MICDS vs John Burroughs game, which was a video of the MICDS RB running for a TD. They then said John Burroughs held on to win, 42-6.

If I was a fan of Burroughs and the only highlight of a 42-6 game that we dominated that the news showed was the one TD run by the other team, I'd be pissed. Then to say they "hung on to win" 42-6, I'd be doubly pissed.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
Posts: 26073
Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Random musings

Post by Freed Roger »

Houseflies are evolving and getting better at avoiding the swat. They now land on surfaces that aren't strikeable. That Breaking Bad episode comes to mind.

User avatar
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy
Posts: 24841
Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
Location: Out of the Loop

Re: Random musings

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Secret Weapon wrote:just watching the local news, they were showing highlights of high school football games. They showed only one highlight in the MICDS vs John Burroughs game, which was a video of the MICDS RB running for a TD. They then said John Burroughs held on to win, 42-6.

If I was a fan of Burroughs and the only highlight of a 42-6 game that we dominated that the news showed was the one TD run by the other team, I'd be pissed. Then to say they "hung on to win" 42-6, I'd be doubly pissed.
Along these same lines, Sportscenter just showed the top 10 plays of the MLB season. #3 and #2 were Kershaw's no-hitter and Jeter's last hit at Yankee Stadium.

I'd rather see more incredible feats of athleticism than "hey, look at this accomplishment!"

User avatar
ghostrunner
GOAT
Posts: 30836
Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm

Re: Random musings

Post by ghostrunner »

Mod thoughts - re: the bourbon thread. I had no idea that was going on. Haven't looked in there for a couple weeks.

I've toyed over the years with posting a snobbery superiority poll, in which we decide what is the most sophisticated thing to be elitist about. Could be contentious, could be funny. Hell, maybe I'll do it now.

Online communication is always tricky. People randomly take on personas, and then say they were joking. Which works ok when it's obvious or funny but sometimes it comes across as completely serious and believable. It gives me a headache. I'm probably oversensitive about it, which is why I sometimes rewrite emails more than once.

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43288
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Random musings

Post by heyzeus »

I've been half a human being for two weeks now, but my trial ends today. I think my family will be happy about that.

User avatar
Molly
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4767
Joined: May 10 06, 9:57 am
Location: 6.6 miles from Busch III

Re: Random musings

Post by Molly »

heyzeus wrote:I've been half a human being for two weeks now, but my trial ends today. I think my family will be happy about that.
Only if you are found not guilty! :wink: :lol:

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: Random musings

Post by lukethedrifter »

I wonder how often one of those Google Street view drivers get shot at

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43288
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Random musings

Post by heyzeus »

lukethedrifter wrote:I wonder how often one of those Google Street view drivers get shot at
Probably less often than they get flashed.

Post Reply