I'm fairly certain these musings aren't random, either.lukethedrifter wrote:Random musings seem neither to be rant nor rave, merely musings. Hmmm.
Random musings
- MrCrowesGarden
- 'Burb Boy
- Posts: 24841
- Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
- Location: Out of the Loop
Re: Random musings
- Radbird
- There's someone in my head but it's not me
- Posts: 62330
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
- Location: LF Bleachers @ Busch II
Re: Random musings
I have random [expletive] popping into my brain all the time. Sometimes I muse, sometimes I don't.
- Secret Weapon
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 8386
- Joined: May 12 06, 7:09 pm
- Location: CoMo
Re: Random musings
just watching the local news, they were showing highlights of high school football games. They showed only one highlight in the MICDS vs John Burroughs game, which was a video of the MICDS RB running for a TD. They then said John Burroughs held on to win, 42-6.
If I was a fan of Burroughs and the only highlight of a 42-6 game that we dominated that the news showed was the one TD run by the other team, I'd be pissed. Then to say they "hung on to win" 42-6, I'd be doubly pissed.
If I was a fan of Burroughs and the only highlight of a 42-6 game that we dominated that the news showed was the one TD run by the other team, I'd be pissed. Then to say they "hung on to win" 42-6, I'd be doubly pissed.
-
Freed Roger
- Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
- Posts: 26073
- Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
- Location: St. Louis
Re: Random musings
Houseflies are evolving and getting better at avoiding the swat. They now land on surfaces that aren't strikeable. That Breaking Bad episode comes to mind.
- MrCrowesGarden
- 'Burb Boy
- Posts: 24841
- Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
- Location: Out of the Loop
Re: Random musings
Along these same lines, Sportscenter just showed the top 10 plays of the MLB season. #3 and #2 were Kershaw's no-hitter and Jeter's last hit at Yankee Stadium.Secret Weapon wrote:just watching the local news, they were showing highlights of high school football games. They showed only one highlight in the MICDS vs John Burroughs game, which was a video of the MICDS RB running for a TD. They then said John Burroughs held on to win, 42-6.
If I was a fan of Burroughs and the only highlight of a 42-6 game that we dominated that the news showed was the one TD run by the other team, I'd be pissed. Then to say they "hung on to win" 42-6, I'd be doubly pissed.
I'd rather see more incredible feats of athleticism than "hey, look at this accomplishment!"
- ghostrunner
- GOAT
- Posts: 30836
- Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm
Re: Random musings
Mod thoughts - re: the bourbon thread. I had no idea that was going on. Haven't looked in there for a couple weeks.
I've toyed over the years with posting a snobbery superiority poll, in which we decide what is the most sophisticated thing to be elitist about. Could be contentious, could be funny. Hell, maybe I'll do it now.
Online communication is always tricky. People randomly take on personas, and then say they were joking. Which works ok when it's obvious or funny but sometimes it comes across as completely serious and believable. It gives me a headache. I'm probably oversensitive about it, which is why I sometimes rewrite emails more than once.
I've toyed over the years with posting a snobbery superiority poll, in which we decide what is the most sophisticated thing to be elitist about. Could be contentious, could be funny. Hell, maybe I'll do it now.
Online communication is always tricky. People randomly take on personas, and then say they were joking. Which works ok when it's obvious or funny but sometimes it comes across as completely serious and believable. It gives me a headache. I'm probably oversensitive about it, which is why I sometimes rewrite emails more than once.
- heyzeus
- Everday Unicorn
- Posts: 43288
- Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
- Location: Austin, TX
Re: Random musings
I've been half a human being for two weeks now, but my trial ends today. I think my family will be happy about that.
- Molly
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4767
- Joined: May 10 06, 9:57 am
- Location: 6.6 miles from Busch III
Re: Random musings
Only if you are found not guilty!heyzeus wrote:I've been half a human being for two weeks now, but my trial ends today. I think my family will be happy about that.
- lukethedrifter
- darjeeling sipping elite
- Posts: 37260
- Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
- Location: Huis Clos
Re: Random musings
I wonder how often one of those Google Street view drivers get shot at
- heyzeus
- Everday Unicorn
- Posts: 43288
- Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
- Location: Austin, TX
Re: Random musings
Probably less often than they get flashed.lukethedrifter wrote:I wonder how often one of those Google Street view drivers get shot at




