http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/d ... -world-warThom Yorke: YouTube steals art 'like Nazis during second world war'
The Radiohead frontman hits out at video-sharing site’s supposed double standards over ad-blocking: ‘Artists don’t get paid, but if YouTube don’t get a profit out of it, it’s not fair’
Music talk Thread
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: Music talk Thread
- go birds
- -go birds
- Posts: 32057
- Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am
Re: Music talk Thread
thom yorke speaks out? somewhere the writers for pitchfork are creaming all over themselves
- go birds
- -go birds
- Posts: 32057
- Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am
Re: Music talk Thread
hmmm..never heard of these guys...ill add 'em to the listlukethedrifter wrote:so ha ha tonka was fun. go birds, check out the opening act, the yawpers. wild.
- lukethedrifter
- darjeeling sipping elite
- Posts: 37260
- Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
- Location: Huis Clos
Re: Music talk Thread
added one up in the video threadgo birds wrote:hmmm..never heard of these guys...ill add 'em to the listlukethedrifter wrote:so ha ha tonka was fun. go birds, check out the opening act, the yawpers. wild.
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: Music talk Thread
does anyone have any Elvis recommendations (50's era)? and not a compilation, an actual album(s).
thanks
thanks
- IMADreamer
- Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
- Posts: 12895
- Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
- Location: Illinois
Re: Music talk Thread
Jocephus wrote:does anyone have any Elvis recommendations (50's era)? and not a compilation, an actual album(s).
thanks
I'd just start with the first one "Elvis Presley." It's a pretty great album.
While I got the thread at the top. The Boss is coming back to STL but apparently it's sold out already. I just found out he was coming today.
- tothebeach08
- All-Star
- Posts: 1564
- Joined: January 10 08, 2:52 pm
- Location: In My Happy Place
Re: Music talk Thread
IMADreamer wrote:
While I got the thread at the top. The Boss is coming back to STL but apparently it's sold out already. I just found out he was coming today.
Got my tickets!
- lukethedrifter
- darjeeling sipping elite
- Posts: 37260
- Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
- Location: Huis Clos
Re: Music talk Thread
Sonuvabitch. I missed out as well. Checked too late in the day.tothebeach08 wrote:IMADreamer wrote:
While I got the thread at the top. The Boss is coming back to STL but apparently it's sold out already. I just found out he was coming today.
Got my tickets!
-
Freed Roger
- Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
- Posts: 26073
- Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
- Location: St. Louis
Re: Music talk Thread
Since watching documentAry that speculates on Cobain's death-been thinking- it does bum me out that he died so damn young. Yeah, Nirvana's music may be overrated from historical perspective-but what Pop artist isn't?
That line in the film by him,-him looking forward to being more of a singer songwriter, just kicking back and playing tunes like Johnny Cash etc- , coupled with the Nirvana's unplugged album songs that pop up on my pandora station make m think he'd still be making music I like today, if he lived longer.
------
Also, wish I would have found out sooner about Jay Farrar @ Sheldon this weekend
That line in the film by him,-him looking forward to being more of a singer songwriter, just kicking back and playing tunes like Johnny Cash etc- , coupled with the Nirvana's unplugged album songs that pop up on my pandora station make m think he'd still be making music I like today, if he lived longer.
------
Also, wish I would have found out sooner about Jay Farrar @ Sheldon this weekend
- heyzeus
- Everday Unicorn
- Posts: 43290
- Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
- Location: Austin, TX
Re: Music talk Thread
Maybe he'd be like Elliott Smith. Except he still died anyway. And nobody could really play guitar like Smith.Freed Roger wrote:Since watching documentAry that speculates on Cobain's death-been thinking- it does bum me out that he died so damn young. Yeah, Nirvana's music may be overrated from historical perspective-but what Pop artist isn't?
That line in the film by him,-him looking forward to being more of a singer songwriter, just kicking back and playing tunes like Johnny Cash etc- , coupled with the Nirvana's unplugged album songs that pop up on my pandora station make m think he'd still be making music I like today, if he lived longer.
------




