Music talk Thread
- go birds
- -go birds
- Posts: 32057
- Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am
Re: Music talk Thread
Outro is my favorite as well. that's an amazing mash-up with interstallar. kinda perfect for each other
-
TimeForGuinness
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 20007
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:38 pm
Re: Music talk Thread
Holy [expletive], that show was so [expletive] good.TimeForGuinness wrote:I'm going to see Savages tonight, I'm pretty pumped for it.
-
TimeForGuinness
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 20007
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:38 pm
Re: Music talk Thread
M83's "Hurry Up, We're Dreaming" is one of my favorite albums since "OK Computer". It's heavily influenced by "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness" and leverages Mellon Collie's blueprint: grandiose structure while remaining very intimate. While "Hurry Up, We're Dreaming" can be *singled out* to the masses, the album is fantastically arranged and flows effortlessly from front-to-back. It's a wonderful album.
-
jim
- Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you
- Posts: 50393
- Joined: May 1 06, 2:41 pm
Re: Music talk Thread
Holy [expletive] Country Music isn't dead! I heard this one on SNL last week, now this is what I'm talkin' about:
- lukethedrifter
- darjeeling sipping elite
- Posts: 37260
- Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
- Location: Huis Clos
Re: Music talk Thread
I bought the album after hearing that npr segment.
- lukethedrifter
- darjeeling sipping elite
- Posts: 37260
- Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
- Location: Huis Clos
Re: Music talk Thread
Back in the 90s I saw Steve Young, writer of Seven Bridges Road and Lonesome Ornry and Mean, at Off Broadway.
- Myles
- Everyday Player
- Posts: 407
- Joined: July 10 14, 1:41 pm
Re: Music talk Thread
I feel the same. He's screwing the fans. Kind of makes me think he's a prick. I'm a fan too.IMADreamer wrote:I'm a pretty avid fan of Springsteen, I've seen him twice, I think I've got all the albums. I have mixed feelings on this. In a way it's great he's taking a stand. You've got to appreciate that, but at the same time he's only punishing the fans really. It's not like the politicians are out anything here but the fans don't get to see the show. If I had tickets I'd be pretty disappointed.Jocephus wrote:http://brucespringsteen.net/news/2016/a ... h-carolinaApril 8, 2016
A statement from Bruce Springsteen on North Carolina
As you, my fans, know I’m scheduled to play in Greensboro, North Carolina this Sunday. As we also know, North Carolina has just passed HB2, which the media are referring to as the “bathroom” law. HB2 — known officially as the Public Facilities Privacy and Security Act — dictates which bathrooms transgender people are permitted to use. Just as important, the law also attacks the rights of LGBT citizens to sue when their human rights are violated in the workplace. No other group of North Carolinians faces such a burden. To my mind, it’s an attempt by people who cannot stand the progress our country has made in recognizing the human rights of all of our citizens to overturn that progress. Right now, there are many groups, businesses, and individuals in North Carolina working to oppose and overcome these negative developments. Taking all of this into account, I feel that this is a time for me and the band to show solidarity for those freedom fighters. As a result, and with deepest apologies to our dedicated fans in Greensboro, we have canceled our show scheduled for Sunday, April 10th. Some things are more important than a rock show and this fight against prejudice and bigotry — which is happening as I write — is one of them. It is the strongest means I have for raising my voice in opposition to those who continue to push us backwards instead of forwards.
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: Music talk Thread
i guess he feels the state is screwing tax paying citizens and feels taking a stand would be more important than a rock show.
he has the right to pick who he wants to serve, right? thats what this is all about eh?
he has the right to pick who he wants to serve, right? thats what this is all about eh?
- Myles
- Everyday Player
- Posts: 407
- Joined: July 10 14, 1:41 pm
Re: Music talk Thread
Of course he has the right. I just think this is in poor taste. The fans he's screwing didn't make the law.Jocephus wrote:i guess he feels the state is screwing tax paying citizens and feels taking a stand would be more important than a rock show.
he has the right to pick who he wants to serve, right? thats what this is all about eh?
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: Music talk Thread
i imagine there are some springsteen fans (or were) who wrote the legislation.Myles wrote:Of course he has the right. I just think this is in poor taste. The fans he's screwing didn't make the law.Jocephus wrote:i guess he feels the state is screwing tax paying citizens and feels taking a stand would be more important than a rock show.
he has the right to pick who he wants to serve, right? thats what this is all about eh?
its ok though. def leopard and bieber are still going to rock out for NC.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/n ... een-882208"It's disappointing he's not following through on his commitments," said Rep. Mark Walker, a Republican freshman congressman.
"We've got other artists coming soon — Def Leppard, Justin Bieber," the congressman told The Hollywood Reporter.


