Music talk Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
TimeForGuinness
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 20007
Joined: April 18 06, 7:38 pm

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by TimeForGuinness »

Radiohead's new album hits May 8th.

(I posted "Daydreaming" on the previous page...check it)

User avatar
go birds
-go birds
Posts: 32057
Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by go birds »

radiohead AND pt anderson??????????????????????????

pitchfork must be drowning in their own jizz right now

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43288
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by heyzeus »

Ok, I'm back in the fold. King of Limbs is dead, long live the non-robotic Radiohead.

User avatar
stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother
Posts: 13380
Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by stlouie_lipp »

A Moon Shaped Pool

I didn't think they could make an album this good again. This is gorgeous.


Image


EDIT: on my fourth listen, I absolutely love it.

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by Michael »

Radiohead lost me years ago but I gotta say this album isn't completely insufferable.

MrSaigon

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by MrSaigon »

I liked the first song, but not the second. Really cool use of the strings. I'd like to hear the album. But your not Prince canning it all as an individual: I say lose the drum machine. As a general rule to anyone everywhere, lose the drum machine. I tell my son to lose the drum machine all the time. They'll write it on my headstone. There's this super easy way to make any song with a drum machine 10 or more times better...

"Son, what is this? Hey! Put down that crack pipe and listen to me! How dare you bring a drum machine into my house!"

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by Michael »

The album is a little too "hauntingly beautiful" for my tastes but it's not a bad album to have on while I'm working. I can see it growing on me.

MrSaigon

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by MrSaigon »

Radiohead had moved well past me, but then I enjoyed In Rainbows (more and more). I think they found out about that and released King of Limbs as a response. I'd like to hear this one. The first track was really promising.

User avatar
stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother
Posts: 13380
Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Michael wrote:The album is a little too "hauntingly beautiful" for my tastes but it's not a bad album to have on while I'm working. I can see it growing on me.
I can see that, and maybe my love of it is partially due to how much I hated TKOL, but I really like this one.

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by Michael »

stlouie_lipp wrote:
Michael wrote:The album is a little too "hauntingly beautiful" for my tastes but it's not a bad album to have on while I'm working. I can see it growing on me.
I can see that, and maybe my love of it is partially due to how much I hated TKOL, but I really like this one.
My praise is faint, but given how much I've detested post Kid A Radiohead I'm really pleasantly surprised. I think this is their best effort in years.

Post Reply