Music talk Thread
-
TimeForGuinness
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 20007
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:38 pm
Re: Music talk Thread
Radiohead's new album hits May 8th.
(I posted "Daydreaming" on the previous page...check it)
(I posted "Daydreaming" on the previous page...check it)
- go birds
- -go birds
- Posts: 32057
- Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am
Re: Music talk Thread
radiohead AND pt anderson??????????????????????????
pitchfork must be drowning in their own jizz right now
pitchfork must be drowning in their own jizz right now
- heyzeus
- Everday Unicorn
- Posts: 43290
- Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
- Location: Austin, TX
Re: Music talk Thread
Ok, I'm back in the fold. King of Limbs is dead, long live the non-robotic Radiohead.
- stlouie_lipp
- Hallelujah Brother
- Posts: 13380
- Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm
Re: Music talk Thread
A Moon Shaped Pool
I didn't think they could make an album this good again. This is gorgeous.

EDIT: on my fourth listen, I absolutely love it.
I didn't think they could make an album this good again. This is gorgeous.

EDIT: on my fourth listen, I absolutely love it.
-
Michael
- GRB Founder
- Posts: 35303
- Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Contact:
Re: Music talk Thread
Radiohead lost me years ago but I gotta say this album isn't completely insufferable.
-
MrSaigon
Re: Music talk Thread
I liked the first song, but not the second. Really cool use of the strings. I'd like to hear the album. But your not Prince canning it all as an individual: I say lose the drum machine. As a general rule to anyone everywhere, lose the drum machine. I tell my son to lose the drum machine all the time. They'll write it on my headstone. There's this super easy way to make any song with a drum machine 10 or more times better...
"Son, what is this? Hey! Put down that crack pipe and listen to me! How dare you bring a drum machine into my house!"
"Son, what is this? Hey! Put down that crack pipe and listen to me! How dare you bring a drum machine into my house!"
-
Michael
- GRB Founder
- Posts: 35303
- Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Contact:
Re: Music talk Thread
The album is a little too "hauntingly beautiful" for my tastes but it's not a bad album to have on while I'm working. I can see it growing on me.
-
MrSaigon
Re: Music talk Thread
Radiohead had moved well past me, but then I enjoyed In Rainbows (more and more). I think they found out about that and released King of Limbs as a response. I'd like to hear this one. The first track was really promising.
- stlouie_lipp
- Hallelujah Brother
- Posts: 13380
- Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm
Re: Music talk Thread
I can see that, and maybe my love of it is partially due to how much I hated TKOL, but I really like this one.Michael wrote:The album is a little too "hauntingly beautiful" for my tastes but it's not a bad album to have on while I'm working. I can see it growing on me.
-
Michael
- GRB Founder
- Posts: 35303
- Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Contact:
Re: Music talk Thread
My praise is faint, but given how much I've detested post Kid A Radiohead I'm really pleasantly surprised. I think this is their best effort in years.stlouie_lipp wrote:I can see that, and maybe my love of it is partially due to how much I hated TKOL, but I really like this one.Michael wrote:The album is a little too "hauntingly beautiful" for my tastes but it's not a bad album to have on while I'm working. I can see it growing on me.


