You're right, he died a month ago.MrSaigon wrote:I watched parts of the Scorsese Dylan documentary over the weekend. While we could argue who the greatest (Pearl Jam) American (Pearl Jam) Band (Pearl Jam) is, I don't think there's any question who our greatest musical artist is.
Music talk Thread
- The Third Man
- It rubs the lotion on its skin.
- Posts: 8935
- Joined: July 17 06, 1:00 pm
Re: Music talk Thread
-
MrSaigon
Re: Music talk Thread
I don't know if Merle was THAT great.
You could be right. 'Musical' may not be the best way o describe Dylan's genius. Not as a superlative, anyway.
You could be right. 'Musical' may not be the best way o describe Dylan's genius. Not as a superlative, anyway.
- stlouie_lipp
- Hallelujah Brother
- Posts: 13380
- Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm
Re: Music talk Thread
Rave: Finding a new band you've never heard before.
-
MrSaigon
Re: Music talk Thread
http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episode-7 ... n-c-reilly
Strugill is immensely interesting. He calls himself Kenny Powers only more well-read. He also won't list the drugs he did because kids will romanticize it. I thought that was cool. Even in their lamenting, I think lots of people present that as a badge of honor. He also says pissed off Nirvana fans can sick his duck.
He has a McCartney/Pet Sounds relationship with Isbell, and there's some interesting talk about country music.
Strugill is immensely interesting. He calls himself Kenny Powers only more well-read. He also won't list the drugs he did because kids will romanticize it. I thought that was cool. Even in their lamenting, I think lots of people present that as a badge of honor. He also says pissed off Nirvana fans can sick his duck.
He has a McCartney/Pet Sounds relationship with Isbell, and there's some interesting talk about country music.
- go birds
- -go birds
- Posts: 32057
- Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am
Re: Music talk Thread
Beck's new song sounds like a Beyonce song, which i find to be both hilarious and genius
- IMADreamer
- Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
- Posts: 12895
- Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
- Location: Illinois
Re: Music talk Thread
Bruce Springsteen is alive and well.The Third Man wrote:You're right, he died a month ago.MrSaigon wrote:I watched parts of the Scorsese Dylan documentary over the weekend. While we could argue who the greatest (Pearl Jam) American (Pearl Jam) Band (Pearl Jam) is, I don't think there's any question who our greatest musical artist is.
- heyzeus
- Everday Unicorn
- Posts: 43290
- Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
- Location: Austin, TX
-
MrSaigon
Re: Music talk Thread
I watched 'Jaco' on Netflix. Some great music. Some pretty awful music, IMO, as well. Interesting story, that wasn't told very well in the film about mental illness. But the subject was a very interesting and talented bassist.
I've always loved the sound of the bass up at the high frets. This is a cool song:
I've always loved the sound of the bass up at the high frets. This is a cool song:
- The Third Man
- It rubs the lotion on its skin.
- Posts: 8935
- Joined: July 17 06, 1:00 pm
-
MrSaigon
Re: Music talk Thread
30 years later, do The Smiths' fans' parents understand them AT ALL yet?




