Music talk Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
User avatar
The Third Man
It rubs the lotion on its skin.
Posts: 8935
Joined: July 17 06, 1:00 pm

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by The Third Man »

MrSaigon wrote:I watched parts of the Scorsese Dylan documentary over the weekend. While we could argue who the greatest (Pearl Jam) American (Pearl Jam) Band (Pearl Jam) is, I don't think there's any question who our greatest musical artist is.
You're right, he died a month ago.

MrSaigon

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by MrSaigon »

I don't know if Merle was THAT great.

You could be right. 'Musical' may not be the best way o describe Dylan's genius. Not as a superlative, anyway.

User avatar
stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother
Posts: 13380
Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Rave: Finding a new band you've never heard before.


MrSaigon

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by MrSaigon »

http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episode-7 ... n-c-reilly

Strugill is immensely interesting. He calls himself Kenny Powers only more well-read. He also won't list the drugs he did because kids will romanticize it. I thought that was cool. Even in their lamenting, I think lots of people present that as a badge of honor. He also says pissed off Nirvana fans can sick his duck.

He has a McCartney/Pet Sounds relationship with Isbell, and there's some interesting talk about country music.

User avatar
go birds
-go birds
Posts: 32057
Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by go birds »

Beck's new song sounds like a Beyonce song, which i find to be both hilarious and genius

Online
User avatar
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
Posts: 12894
Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
Location: Illinois

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by IMADreamer »

The Third Man wrote:
MrSaigon wrote:I watched parts of the Scorsese Dylan documentary over the weekend. While we could argue who the greatest (Pearl Jam) American (Pearl Jam) Band (Pearl Jam) is, I don't think there's any question who our greatest musical artist is.
You're right, he died a month ago.
Bruce Springsteen is alive and well.

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43288
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by heyzeus »

RADIOHEAD HOT TAKE, COMIN' THRU!*










*note, the author is correct.

MrSaigon

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by MrSaigon »

I watched 'Jaco' on Netflix. Some great music. Some pretty awful music, IMO, as well. Interesting story, that wasn't told very well in the film about mental illness. But the subject was a very interesting and talented bassist.

I've always loved the sound of the bass up at the high frets. This is a cool song:

User avatar
The Third Man
It rubs the lotion on its skin.
Posts: 8935
Joined: July 17 06, 1:00 pm

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by The Third Man »


MrSaigon

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by MrSaigon »

30 years later, do The Smiths' fans' parents understand them AT ALL yet?

Post Reply