Coronavirus

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
User avatar
sighyoung
Mayor of GRB
Posts: 38614
Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
Location: Louisville

Re: Coronavirus

Post by sighyoung »

I got my booster today, too. Same symptom as last time: a sore left shoulder. But that's it so far.

User avatar
Smith Corks One
All-Star
Posts: 1426
Joined: April 27 10, 11:08 pm

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Smith Corks One »

I know they've approved (I think?) Moderna and J&J boosters now, and also mixing and matching of boosters. As someone who had Moderna for the first two doses, does anyone know of any reason or current thinking to get the Pfizer booster instead? If the antibody response is similar, I might go with Pfizer, so that I can hopefully avoid the near-death experience I had with the second Moderna (yes, I exaggerate. But it was pure hell.) But if the Moderna is stronger than Pfizer again then I guess it would be worth it.

User avatar
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy
Posts: 24841
Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
Location: Out of the Loop

Re: Coronavirus

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Smith Corks One wrote: ↑
October 21 21, 8:51 pm
I know they've approved (I think?) Moderna and J&J boosters now, and also mixing and matching of boosters. As someone who had Moderna for the first two doses, does anyone know of any reason or current thinking to get the Pfizer booster instead? If the antibody response is similar, I might go with Pfizer, so that I can hopefully avoid the near-death experience I had with the second Moderna (yes, I exaggerate. But it was pure hell.) But if the Moderna is stronger than Pfizer again then I guess it would be worth it.
I found a study saying three Moderna jabs is best, but that same study also used a full dose of Moderna for the booster, and right now a half dose is what’s used.

I think the general consensus is that mixing and matching is good. The only exception is J&J. If you got that for your first shot, get Moderna or Pfizer as a booster if you can.

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43284
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Coronavirus

Post by heyzeus »

This is from Pfizer of course, so it's more or less a press release. But the pfizer data looks good for kids 5-11. Both of my kids are in that range, and I'm looking forward to getting them vaccinated before going to St. Louis for Thanksgiving (at least one dose).

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... ds-5-to-11

User avatar
wart57
just can't quit you.
Posts: 25075
Joined: April 18 06, 4:33 pm
Location: Lost

Re: Coronavirus

Post by wart57 »

- sorry. never mind.
Last edited by wart57 on October 22 21, 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
redbirdjazzz
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4921
Joined: April 17 06, 10:50 am
Location: Columbia, MO

Re: Coronavirus

Post by redbirdjazzz »

wart57 wrote: ↑
October 22 21, 9:16 am
Image

https://thuletide.wordpress.com/2021/03 ... e-uk-govt/

I have no idea the political leaning of this website
I would avoid anything from that website. I just looked at it, and it's pretty terrifying. 3-5 minutes of reading and I came across displays of white supremacy, anti-Semitism, hints at eugenics, multiple conspiracy theories, etc. Even the name of the site is most likely a reference to the ancient Greco-Roman myth of Thule, an Island in the far north of the world, that the Nazis co-opted and viewed as the origin of the Aryan race.

Superorganism
Veteran Player
Posts: 1021
Joined: October 21 20, 8:13 am

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Superorganism »

wart57 wrote: ↑
October 22 21, 9:16 am
Image

https://thuletide.wordpress.com/2021/03 ... e-uk-govt/

I have no idea the political leaning of this website
Yeah the problem is half of the US is obese.

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43284
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Coronavirus

Post by heyzeus »

Depending on what your definition of a "pre-existing condition" is, probably most if not nearly all people have one by about age 40.

There's also the fact that death is not the only consequence of Covid. There are a lot of people, not even yet quantified, now on longterm disability due to its effects.

User avatar
wart57
just can't quit you.
Posts: 25075
Joined: April 18 06, 4:33 pm
Location: Lost

Re: Coronavirus

Post by wart57 »

redbirdjazzz wrote: ↑
October 22 21, 9:39 am
wart57 wrote: ↑
October 22 21, 9:16 am
Image

https://thuletide.wordpress.com/2021/03 ... e-uk-govt/

I have no idea the political leaning of this website
I would avoid anything from that website. I just looked at it, and it's pretty terrifying. 3-5 minutes of reading and I came across displays of white supremacy, anti-Semitism, hints at eugenics, multiple conspiracy theories, etc. Even the name of the site is most likely a reference to the ancient Greco-Roman myth of Thule, an Island in the far north of the world, that the Nazis co-opted and viewed as the origin of the Aryan race.
Maybe we should cancel the post - i don't want anything liked to a site like that. disgusting.

User avatar
sighyoung
Mayor of GRB
Posts: 38614
Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
Location: Louisville

Re: Coronavirus

Post by sighyoung »

The first night after my Pfizer booster, I had pretty severe chills, and I stayed home the next day because I felt tired and under the weather.

But today, everything's back to normal.

Post Reply