Jeff Albert and Mike Maddux not returning to the Cardinals

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Re: Jeff Albert and Mike Maddux not returning to the Cardinals

Post by Radbird »

Clicked on the link. Had no issues with your conclusion but it was fun to see the analysis backing it up.

Really great stuff, Fat.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

obucard
Perennial All-Star

Post by obucard »

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

obucard wrote:
November 14 22, 11:03 pm
Mets got a good one.

Did a single STL journo get Albert's opinion on leaving or did they just take Mo's word and act as if they're a Cardinals newsletter? lol

All of STL Cards Twitter is doing the "maaaan he couldn't hack criticism here what about NY?? heh heh" and it's like... did he even say that?

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

obucard wrote:
Big problem with Goold using the word hire instead of higher in that tweet. Not happy.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
November 14 22, 11:51 pm
obucard wrote:
Mets got a good one.

Did a single STL journo get Albert's opinion on leaving or did they just take Mo's word and act as if they're a Cardinals newsletter? lol

All of STL Cards Twitter is doing the "maaaan he couldn't hack criticism here what about NY?? heh heh" and it's like... did he even say that?
Does anyone here read the P-D or Goold's articles regularly? What you say is certainly my impression of him, but he may be super-critical of the Cardinals in the newspaper

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

jeff albert sucked

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
November 14 22, 11:51 pm
obucard wrote:
Mets got a good one.

I saw Goold getting super defensive on this point in his endless debates with Chud Cardinals Fan Twitter. I don't know why he engages so much with the Twitter chuds, or why he is always so supremely defensive, to the point where he crosses back over from journalist to ownership apologist, but I'm not here to be Goold's psychologist.

His point is "Mo said Albert was sensitive to the fan criticism, but can anyone show me where Albert said that?" Ok, fair point. But y'all have the full access of the PD. Did y'all ask Albert why he's leaving? And how did y'all never get the story, from Shildt and not Mo, of Shildt's ouster? My man, you're giving readers the ownership line then getting all huffy when that's even alluded to.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

Very good points. If I thought the "access" that Goold et al. were gaining by keeping certain stories under their hat was worth it, I wouldn't mind, but I'm pretty sure it isn't.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

I’m not saying we need Saxton style reporting back (Woo is fine; BenFred etc. are awful and stroke the Cardinals ownership and Mo way too much—puff pieces only about how genius Mo is)

PD has been garbage since Bernie left. Goold needs to get off Twitter and stick to beat.

Can anyone in STL media show resistance to Mo/DeWitt? Their power in this town is disgusting. I get that Cardinals keep the lights on at PD, but other media could show a little too. Jeff Jones is the best we get. Which sucks. Because he has such little access. All I am asking is for basic Journalism 101 integrity half the time lol

W/R/T Albert: fans and Mo are extremely bitter. It’s clearly a negative that the guy who improved hitting yearly, revamped an HOFers career, etc. is leaving. I’m astounded by how many people just parrot Mo’s line with no questions.