Big Amoco Sign wrote:
November 23 22, 2:06 pm
Socnorb11 wrote:
November 23 22, 2:04 pm
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
November 23 22, 11:17 am
CardsofSTL wrote:
November 22 22, 10:07 pm

Yes. Just seems odd if you believe that he requested to slow down from the pace of being a full time coach.
And now he's the pitching coach for the Rangers. Full time.

Never believe Mo's word. Always go to the source. Two coaches making lateral moves to leave the Cardinals.
Which part of Mo's statement with regard to Maddux was untrue, or critical?
What do you mean? I just said never believe Mo's word. (Albert went to a city with fans who are more critical than Cardinals'; Maddux took a full time gig--Mo wasn't exactly verbalizing the full message).
My question was pretty simple.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Re: Jeff Albert and Mike Maddux not returning to the Cardinals

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Socnorb11 wrote:
November 23 22, 2:27 pm

No, I didn't say anything about Maddux and Mo and criticism in my post though...?

I said never believe Mo's word (to CardsOfStl's comment about Maddux requesting to slow it down). You added extra stuff that wasn't there, hence, "what do you mean?"

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
November 23 22, 2:44 pm
Socnorb11 wrote:
November 23 22, 2:27 pm

No, I didn't say anything about Maddux and Mo and criticism in my post though...?
I'm using context.

What was your point, with regard to Maddux/Mo, in that post?

You're probably right when you say that Mo isn't telling the whole story. He probably doesn't HAVE the whole story. If I leave a job (as Maddux and Albert did), I'm keeping it brief, and certainly not burning bridges. What's Mo supposed to say?

Maddux lives in Texas.

Albert was probably tired of taking the blame when it wasn't really his fault.

That all aligns with Mo's statement. There's nothing nefarious here.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

Are you two planning on making this forum miserable the entire offseason?

Stop this nonsense.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Fat_Bulldog wrote:
November 23 22, 2:56 pm
Are you two planning on making this forum miserable the entire offseason?

Stop this nonsense.

I've rarely posted this offseason.

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Post by Fat Strat »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Never believe Mo's word. Always go to the source. Two coaches making lateral moves to leave the Cardinals.
That's definitely not true. Mets' position for Albert is a slight step up from what he did with the Cardinals. He's more along the line of a VP or director-level position, probably with a notable raise. It's possible that the Cards were willing to create a similar position for him but probably not similar money. And there was the lack of respect and appreciation for both him and his coaching team in StL from the fans. That's not something he cared to put up with if he could move up. He translated his success in his peak season into a better career opportunity, as most of us would.

Maddux was talking with the Rangers about a possible creative position but Bochy wanted him on the staff. He gets to stay at home as he lives in the Dallas area.

I really don't see any issue at all with what Mo said relative to the reporting around the league.

Also... Maddux should have been on his way out now or soon. They have to get more technologically oriented. Maddux wasn't necessarily opposed to that stuff but it also wasn't really his forte. He likely won't have to deal with that with Bochy's staff.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Fat Strat wrote:
November 23 22, 9:22 pm
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
That's definitely not true. Mets' position for Albert is a slight step up from what he did with the Cardinals. He's more along the line of a VP or director-level position, probably with a notable raise. It's possible that the Cards were willing to create a similar position for him but probably not similar money. And there was the lack of respect and appreciation for both him and his coaching team in StL from the fans. That's not something he cared to put up with if he could move up. He translated his success in his peak season into a better career opportunity, as most of us would.

Maddux was talking with the Rangers about a possible creative position but Bochy wanted him on the staff. He gets to stay at home as he lives in the Dallas area.

I really don't see any issue at all with what Mo said relative to the reporting around the league.

Also... Maddux should have been on his way out now or soon. They have to get more technologically oriented. Maddux wasn't necessarily opposed to that stuff but it also wasn't really his forte. He likely won't have to deal with that with Bochy's staff.
That's the best answer I've seen for Maddux taking the Texas job. Thanks Stat Frat.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Maybe the best way to say it is never go on Mo’s word alone. It’s the job of reporters to get verification on the other end but I don’t recall now if anyone asked Maddox for comment.

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

People who quit their jobs always give truthful and comprehensive explanations on their way out right?

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

haltz wrote:
November 25 22, 11:15 am
People who quit their jobs always give truthful and comprehensive explanations on their way out right?
See: "I want to spend more time with my family."