Mozeliak: "Some Changes" Coming For Cardinals, But Not A Rebuild
- Radbird
- There's someone in my head but it's not me
- Posts: 62337
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
- Location: LF Bleachers @ Busch II
Re: Mozeliak: "Some Changes" Coming For Cardinals, But Not A Rebuild
We are 53-66 (.445) with 43 games left. If we can just go 30-13 (.698) we will finish over .500 at 83-79. #ShadesOf2006
Mo can relax. What me worry? Another successful season. Another normal offseason. Phew.
Mo can relax. What me worry? Another successful season. Another normal offseason. Phew.
-
Magneto2.0
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 18091
- Joined: June 16 07, 2:12 pm
- haltz
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 22630
- Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
- Location: a proud midwestern metropolis
Re: Mozeliak: "Some Changes" Coming For Cardinals, But Not A Rebuild
Didn't realize Urias has domestic abuse baggage and then there's Snell who leads the league in walks. Nola seems like a good fit but his K% is going to the wrong direction, he's 30, and pitchers are durable until they aren't. That said it seems like he's the best option.
Yamamoto and Imanaga are both intriguing and there are guys like Cease and Quintana potentially available.
A lot of the usual big players might not be involved and you'd think the Dodgers are going hard after Ohtani so it might be a good time to buy.
- Joe Shlabotnik
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 24273
- Joined: October 12 06, 2:21 pm
- Location: Baseball Ref Bullpen
- Contact:
Re: Mozeliak: "Some Changes" Coming For Cardinals, But Not A Rebuild
Everybody has a price. And I'd be surprised as hell if DeWitt would even contemplate meeting it, but...
Just for argument's sake - what would it take for the Cardinals to land Ohtani? That would put fannies in the seats, by God.
You think someone puts $500M / 10 years on the table?
Just for argument's sake - what would it take for the Cardinals to land Ohtani? That would put fannies in the seats, by God.
You think someone puts $500M / 10 years on the table?
-
Socnorb11
- The Last Word
- Posts: 21906
- Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am
Re: Mozeliak: "Some Changes" Coming For Cardinals, But Not A Rebuild
Urias makes me nervous. I think he signed when he was 16 years old. Quite a few miles on that arm, even at 27 years old. Velocity has dropped some, and he was never a guy to miss a ton of bats.
Honestly, I don't feel great about any of those 3 guys.
Honestly, I don't feel great about any of those 3 guys.
- CardsofSTL
- All Hail the GDT Master
- Posts: 69901
- Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
- Location: Columbus, OH
Re: Mozeliak: "Some Changes" Coming For Cardinals, But Not A Rebuild
I think Bob Nightengale put a list of teams on one dartboard; and a list of potential free agents on the other; and threw darts until he could have enough for a story.
I'd take Nola but I think he ends up back in Philly. Snell and Urias don't intrigue me all the much but any of the three is a good start to an upgrade over the current staff.
I'd take Nola but I think he ends up back in Philly. Snell and Urias don't intrigue me all the much but any of the three is a good start to an upgrade over the current staff.
- CardsofSTL
- All Hail the GDT Master
- Posts: 69901
- Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
- Location: Columbus, OH
Re: Mozeliak: "Some Changes" Coming For Cardinals, But Not A Rebuild
I think it is more likely to be a shorter length deal than that but definitely could see a 50m AAV.Joe Shlabotnik wrote: ↑August 20 23, 6:56 pmEverybody has a price. And I'd be surprised as hell if DeWitt would even contemplate meeting it, but...
Just for argument's sake - what would it take for the Cardinals to land Ohtani? That would put fannies in the seats, by God.
You think someone puts $500M / 10 years on the table?
-
cardsfantx
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 12197
- Joined: November 6 10, 10:58 am
Re: Mozeliak: "Some Changes" Coming For Cardinals, But Not A Rebuild
If nightingale says so, then the cards will have none of those guys on their wishlist
- GeddyWrox
- Caught you a delicious bass
- Posts: 14665
- Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
- Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.
Re: Mozeliak: "Some Changes" Coming For Cardinals, But Not A Rebuild
Ohtani is worth every penny of that.Joe Shlabotnik wrote: ↑August 20 23, 6:56 pmEverybody has a price. And I'd be surprised as hell if DeWitt would even contemplate meeting it, but...
Just for argument's sake - what would it take for the Cardinals to land Ohtani? That would put fannies in the seats, by God.
You think someone puts $500M / 10 years on the table?
I'm with the others who think that the top three on Nightengale's "wishlist" might not be... In The Cards. LOL
They all have their warts and will be asking for 30M per or more. I know we need to get "uncomfortable" with one or two of our FA signings, but... gulp. That's a tough pill to swallow.
I really wish we would shock the world and get Ohtani but I **know** that's not gonna happen.
- Popeye_Card
- GRB's most intelligent & humble poster
- Posts: 31041
- Joined: April 17 06, 11:25 am
Re: Mozeliak: "Some Changes" Coming For Cardinals, But Not A Rebuild
Ohtani is worth that if he continues to pitch. If he only pitches for a few more years and is then a DH for several more after that, he's not worth it.
His contract negotiations will be the most unique in MLB history by far. Just so many variables involved. Probably a good thing that Ohtani is only going to be considering a few destinations.
His contract negotiations will be the most unique in MLB history by far. Just so many variables involved. Probably a good thing that Ohtani is only going to be considering a few destinations.


