Random musings
- heyzeus
- Everday Unicorn
- Posts: 43290
- Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
- Location: Austin, TX
Re: Random musings
I wish when people start off with "Fun fact," what followed was more often actually a fun fact.
- GeddyWrox
- Caught you a delicious bass
- Posts: 14665
- Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
- Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.
Re: Random musings
Anybody remember the old Looney Tunes - Egg Head cartoons?
In my head, I hear him saying "I don't wanna be a fighter anymore." Like, a lot, lately.
I'm tired of work sh!t and I don't wanna be a fighter anymore.
In my head, I hear him saying "I don't wanna be a fighter anymore." Like, a lot, lately.
I'm tired of work sh!t and I don't wanna be a fighter anymore.
- GeddyWrox
- Caught you a delicious bass
- Posts: 14665
- Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
- Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.
Re: Random musings
Yep. I still don't want to be a fighter anymore. SMFH
- IMADreamer
- Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
- Posts: 12895
- Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
- Location: Illinois
Re: Random musings
I hope I'm not missing your point here but I agree with you. I'm just exhausted. Mentally, physically, emotionally. It has really hit me this week that I'm about to start the first harvest of my life without my Dad and Uncle. (both still alive, just not well.) I mean I've been doing this since I was a kid, but never without them. It's always long and grueling, but now I'm really questioning why I'm doing it at all.
- cardinalkarp
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 18728
- Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am
Re: Random musings
I’ve heard some farmers are contemplating not even harvesting this year due to the high diesel costs and harvesting the crops would ultimately lead to a net loss after paying for fuel. Any truth to that?IMADreamer wrote: ↑September 9 26, 2:25 pmI hope I'm not missing your point here but I agree with you. I'm just exhausted. Mentally, physically, emotionally. It has really hit me this week that I'm about to start the first harvest of my life without my Dad and Uncle. (both still alive, just not well.) I mean I've been doing this since I was a kid, but never without them. It's always long and grueling, but now I'm really questioning why I'm doing it at all.
- GeddyWrox
- Caught you a delicious bass
- Posts: 14665
- Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
- Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.
Re: Random musings
You got it exactly.IMADreamer wrote: ↑September 9 26, 2:25 pmI hope I'm not missing your point here but I agree with you. I'm just exhausted. Mentally, physically, emotionally. It has really hit me this week that I'm about to start the first harvest of my life without my Dad and Uncle. (both still alive, just not well.) I mean I've been doing this since I was a kid, but never without them. It's always long and grueling, but now I'm really questioning why I'm doing it at all.
Egghead was quite literally wanting out of the boxing ring. For me, it's for anything that's gotten virtually unbearable.
- IMADreamer
- Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
- Posts: 12895
- Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
- Location: Illinois
Re: Random musings
There is definitely some truth to it. There is currently no math where we make money this year.cardinalkarp wrote: ↑September 9 26, 2:42 pmI’ve heard some farmers are contemplating not even harvesting this year due to the high diesel costs and harvesting the crops would ultimately lead to a net loss after paying for fuel. Any truth to that?IMADreamer wrote: ↑September 9 26, 2:25 pmI hope I'm not missing your point here but I agree with you. I'm just exhausted. Mentally, physically, emotionally. It has really hit me this week that I'm about to start the first harvest of my life without my Dad and Uncle. (both still alive, just not well.) I mean I've been doing this since I was a kid, but never without them. It's always long and grueling, but now I'm really questioning why I'm doing it at all.
- CardsofSTL
- All Hail the GDT Master
- Posts: 69901
- Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
- Location: Columbus, OH
Re: Random musings
It is Saturday night and I have engaged in alcohol and debauchery
- sighyoung
- Mayor of GRB
- Posts: 38619
- Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
- Location: Louisville
Re: Random musings
Both of my children finally landed jobs connected to their fields of study--in this job market!--so I and my wife may be empty nesters this time next year.
My daughter seems to have lined up a job as a conflicts analyst--a person who researches conflicts of interest for a law firm concerning clients and attorneys--and if the background check goes through, she's good. (She specialized in educational administration, but that covers research and understanding and applying rules and policies like Title IX).
My son studied Public Policy, but was focusing on Asian politics, policy, and mediation, but since that's been killed off by the present administration, he now works on local economic development with a public/private consortium, and that seems to be working out.
I may be able to retire in a few years after all.
My daughter seems to have lined up a job as a conflicts analyst--a person who researches conflicts of interest for a law firm concerning clients and attorneys--and if the background check goes through, she's good. (She specialized in educational administration, but that covers research and understanding and applying rules and policies like Title IX).
My son studied Public Policy, but was focusing on Asian politics, policy, and mediation, but since that's been killed off by the present administration, he now works on local economic development with a public/private consortium, and that seems to be working out.
I may be able to retire in a few years after all.
- CardsofSTL
- All Hail the GDT Master
- Posts: 69901
- Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
- Location: Columbus, OH
Re: Random musings
Congrats to them bothsighyoung wrote: ↑October 4 26, 1:24 pmBoth of my children finally landed jobs connected to their fields of study--in this job market!--so I and my wife may be empty nesters this time next year.
My daughter seems to have lined up a job as a conflicts analyst--a person who researches conflicts of interest for a law firm concerning clients and attorneys--and if the background check goes through, she's good. (She specialized in educational administration, but that covers research and understanding and applying rules and policies like Title IX).
My son studied Public Policy, but was focusing on Asian politics, policy, and mediation, but since that's been killed off by the present administration, he now works on local economic development with a public/private consortium, and that seems to be working out.
I may be able to retire in a few years after all.




