movies
- clevername
- Bringer of FRBG
- Posts: 10380
- Joined: April 16 06, 7:13 pm
- Location: Alabama
Re: Recently viewed movies
can you believe Ron Howard has another best director nomination?
- JL21
- NPR & THT Contributor
- Posts: 36109
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
- Location: Chocolate City
Re: Recently viewed movies
IMDB only shows that this is his 2nd (the other coming for "A Beautiful Mind").clevername wrote:can you believe Ron Howard has another best director nomination?
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000165/awards
- lukethedrifter
- darjeeling sipping elite
- Posts: 37260
- Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
- Location: Huis Clos
Re: Recently viewed movies
See, my reaction is the opposite. That RH directed steers me away from it.JL21 wrote:The only thing that gives me pause is that Ron Howard directed it. But then, I've generally enjoyed his historical dramas (Apollo 13, Cinderella Man).ghostrunner wrote:Probably won't ever know, since I have almost no desire to see it.
I see the possibility of F/N being great like Glengarry Glen Ross was great. Like a great play, done well for the big screen. About the dialogue, the facial expressions, the tone.
- JL21
- NPR & THT Contributor
- Posts: 36109
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
- Location: Chocolate City
Re: Recently viewed movies
I'm confused. Ron Howard gives me pause (i.e. if there's a movie I want to see, but Ron Howard directed it, that fact will make me stop to reconsider watching it).lukethedrifter wrote:See, my reaction is the opposite. That RH directed steers me away from it.JL21 wrote:The only thing that gives me pause is that Ron Howard directed it. But then, I've generally enjoyed his historical dramas (Apollo 13, Cinderella Man).ghostrunner wrote:Probably won't ever know, since I have almost no desire to see it.
I see the possibility of F/N being great like Glengarry Glen Ross was great. Like a great play, done well for the big screen. About the dialogue, the facial expressions, the tone.
On a side note, if you want to see something that's like a great play, done well for the big screen, that just happens to be about Richard Nixon, I highly recommend Robert Altman's "Secret Honor".
http://www.criterion.com/films/955
- Dillagii
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 7926
- Joined: April 18 06, 2:37 pm
Re: Recently viewed movies
Clement: Did you watch Ghajini?
- cardsfansince82
- is shooing asian children away from his fridge.
- Posts: 27776
- Joined: May 17 06, 10:23 pm
- Location: at the gettin' place
Re: Recently viewed movies
Righteous Kill managed to exceed my lofty expectations of suckitude.
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: Recently viewed movies
just watched "its a mad, mad, mad, mad world"...i gave it 4 stars on netflix...crazy the amount of stars in it
-
MrSaigon
Re: Recently viewed movies
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0845046
"Son of Rambow"
I enjoyed it. Kind of a charming British comedy with kids. Like "Be Kind Rewind" in subject matter and tone. It's not earth-shaking or really fantastic, but it is really creative and fun. At times it's hillarious. I'd recommend it to anyone.
"Son of Rambow"
I enjoyed it. Kind of a charming British comedy with kids. Like "Be Kind Rewind" in subject matter and tone. It's not earth-shaking or really fantastic, but it is really creative and fun. At times it's hillarious. I'd recommend it to anyone.
- omaha_red
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 12963
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
- Location: toning it done
Re: Recently viewed movies
Jocephus wrote:just watched "its a mad, mad, mad, mad world"...i gave it 4 stars on netflix...crazy the amount of stars in it
that's a long one isn't it?
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: Recently viewed movies
2 hours and 40 mins, approx...it even has an intermission in it...but, i found that it went by pretty fast...omaha_red wrote:Jocephus wrote:just watched "its a mad, mad, mad, mad world"...i gave it 4 stars on netflix...crazy the amount of stars in it
that's a long one isn't it?




