Indeed. the music was well coordinated with the film.DiLLaGii wrote:Yeah. Especially the soundtrack!!InvincibleCakeEater wrote:I might be late to the party, but Slumdog Millionaire was very very good. Much better than Benjamin Button.
movies
-
Freed Roger
- Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
- Posts: 26073
- Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
- Location: St. Louis
Re: Recently viewed movies
- ghostrunner
- GOAT
- Posts: 30835
- Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm
Re: Recently viewed movies
You can't buy that kind of praise. That should be the endorsement blurb on the soundtrack's album cover.Freed Roger wrote:Indeed. the music was well coordinated with the film.DiLLaGii wrote:Yeah. Especially the soundtrack!!InvincibleCakeEater wrote:I might be late to the party, but Slumdog Millionaire was very very good. Much better than Benjamin Button.
- ThatGuy
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 5114
- Joined: October 15 06, 4:40 pm
- Location: Knoxville, TN
Re: Recently viewed movies
I went to the library and watched it instead. Anybody else seen this one?The Third Man wrote:The internet!ThatGuy wrote:So apparently nobody around here carries the original Nutty Professor (from 1963). I figured Best Buy might have it, but no luck there.
Anybody have a better idea?
- omaha_red
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 12963
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
- Location: toning it done
Re: Recently viewed movies
watched "the savages".. great movie.. terribly depressing..
- Popeye_Card
- GRB's most intelligent & humble poster
- Posts: 31038
- Joined: April 17 06, 11:25 am
Re: Recently viewed movies
I saw Revolutionary Road this weekend. Not sure how I feel about it yet. Overall I'd say it was pretty average. Sometimes it came too close to being American Beauty II. Sometimes things were just too obvious. A part of me would like to watch it again to study the main two characters closer. But it ends up being extremely "heavy" in it's last act, to the point where you're almost uncomfortable watching it.
Overall, it kinda goes as-planned, considering Winslet kinda forced her husband (Mendes) to make the film. Winslet I think was really good, and into her role. IMO, Leo and Mendes kinda mailed it in.
Overall, it kinda goes as-planned, considering Winslet kinda forced her husband (Mendes) to make the film. Winslet I think was really good, and into her role. IMO, Leo and Mendes kinda mailed it in.
-
Freed Roger
- Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
- Posts: 26073
- Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
- Location: St. Louis
Re: Recently viewed movies
Kind of embarassing to admit I watched this for the first time just last night - "On the Waterfront." Just Awesome. Easy to see why it ranks high on all-time lists.
Sad that it is not to have seen this movie yet, it is great to have the huge void in my movie-watching repertoire - I get to see classics like this, as if they were brand new.
Sad that it is not to have seen this movie yet, it is great to have the huge void in my movie-watching repertoire - I get to see classics like this, as if they were brand new.
- cardinalkarp
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 18727
- Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am
Re: Recently viewed movies
Pineapple Express - I'm not sure if anyone on the board recommended this but it could've been the biggest piece of crap I've seen all year. Even for a stoner movie it was awful and knew that's what it was going to be going in. It was just terrible.
Eagle Eye - Nothing that special at all which is kind of what I expected but anything seemed ok after watching the above stinkfest.
Eagle Eye - Nothing that special at all which is kind of what I expected but anything seemed ok after watching the above stinkfest.
- omaha_red
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 12963
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
- Location: toning it done
Re: Recently viewed movies
this is why the classics are so great.. they never let you downFreed Roger wrote:Kind of embarassing to admit I watched this for the first time just last night - "On the Waterfront." Just Awesome. Easy to see why it ranks high on all-time lists.
Sad that it is not to have seen this movie yet, it is great to have the huge void in my movie-watching repertoire - I get to see classics like this, as if they were brand new.
- JL21
- NPR & THT Contributor
- Posts: 36109
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
- Location: Chocolate City
Re: Recently viewed movies
Nice... what an awesome flick.Freed Roger wrote:Kind of embarassing to admit I watched this for the first time just last night - "On the Waterfront." Just Awesome. Easy to see why it ranks high on all-time lists.
Sad that it is not to have seen this movie yet, it is great to have the huge void in my movie-watching repertoire - I get to see classics like this, as if they were brand new.
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: Recently viewed movies
i loved "pineapple express"


