Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178

Classic threads for your viewing pleasure.
Locked
TimeForGuinness
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 20007
Joined: April 18 06, 7:38 pm

Re: Update: Cards Make Offer to Holliday, p 78

Post by TimeForGuinness »

cards2468 wrote:Joe Strauss says "Movement on the Holliday front"

after Cameron signed his deal... I'd be jumping all over a good 8 year offer if I was Boras.
Strauss: "Most would say positive movement."

Translation: They've entered into negotiations.

User avatar
epinephrine
Veteran Player
Posts: 772
Joined: August 4 09, 9:24 pm
Location: 815, IL

Re: Update: Cards Make Offer to Holliday, p 78

Post by epinephrine »

Strauss is loving this right now haha. Also who is in on Bay since the Red Sox signed Lackey and Cameron? M's, Mets, and who else?

edit: NVM somebody asked in another thread already!

User avatar
skmsw
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 6340
Joined: April 18 06, 7:12 pm
Location: The Hub

Re: Update: Cards Make Offer to Holliday, p 78

Post by skmsw »

ghostrunner wrote:Yeah, Boras has to at least shop him around some more. Does Cameron definitely put the Sox out of it? They could still trade an OF, I suppose. I guess that would be Ellsbury. Not sure how much they have to play with, though Lackey is a big dent. Yanks may not be done either.
What would Buchholtz, Ellsbury, Jed Lowrie, and a couple low but quality minor leaguers be worth on the trade market? Young, cheap, major-league ready, good to great upside, and cost controlled.

Spin that stuff into, say, Adrian Gonzalez or Miguel Cabrera, and suddenly you have spots to play Holliday/Bay and Lackey.

JS04
All-Star
Posts: 1258
Joined: March 3 09, 4:20 pm

Re: Update: Cards Make Offer to Holliday, p 78

Post by JS04 »

skmsw wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:Yeah, Boras has to at least shop him around some more. Does Cameron definitely put the Sox out of it? They could still trade an OF, I suppose. I guess that would be Ellsbury. Not sure how much they have to play with, though Lackey is a big dent. Yanks may not be done either.
What would Buchholtz, Ellsbury, Jed Lowrie, and a couple low but quality minor leaguers be worth on the trade market? Young, cheap, major-league ready, good to great upside, and cost controlled.

Spin that stuff into, say, Adrian Gonzalez or Miguel Cabrera, and suddenly you have spots to play Holliday/Bay and Lackey.
With money to pay them all? Especially if its Cabrera?

That I'm not so sure of..

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you
Posts: 50393
Joined: May 1 06, 2:41 pm

Re: Update: Cards Make Offer to Holliday, p 78

Post by jim »

skmsw wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:Yeah, Boras has to at least shop him around some more. Does Cameron definitely put the Sox out of it? They could still trade an OF, I suppose. I guess that would be Ellsbury. Not sure how much they have to play with, though Lackey is a big dent. Yanks may not be done either.
What would Buchholtz, Ellsbury, Jed Lowrie, and a couple low but quality minor leaguers be worth on the trade market? Young, cheap, major-league ready, good to great upside, and cost controlled.

Spin that stuff into, say, Adrian Gonzalez or Miguel Cabrera, and suddenly you have spots to play Holliday/Bay and Lackey.
If they do that then baseball is stupid and I quit.

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: Update: Cards Make Offer to Holliday, p 78

Post by Michael »

Being the poor kid in the neighborhood stinks. I can't imagine how Royals fans feel.

User avatar
skmsw
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 6340
Joined: April 18 06, 7:12 pm
Location: The Hub

Re: Update: Cards Make Offer to Holliday, p 78

Post by skmsw »

JS04 wrote:
skmsw wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:Yeah, Boras has to at least shop him around some more. Does Cameron definitely put the Sox out of it? They could still trade an OF, I suppose. I guess that would be Ellsbury. Not sure how much they have to play with, though Lackey is a big dent. Yanks may not be done either.
What would Buchholtz, Ellsbury, Jed Lowrie, and a couple low but quality minor leaguers be worth on the trade market? Young, cheap, major-league ready, good to great upside, and cost controlled.

Spin that stuff into, say, Adrian Gonzalez or Miguel Cabrera, and suddenly you have spots to play Holliday/Bay and Lackey.
With money to pay them all? Especially if its Cabrera?

That I'm not so sure of..
You're probably right. Ortiz, Lowell, Varitek coming off the books (or slashed to bargain prices) next year wouldn't make all the ends meet. I'm just playing boogeyman.

User avatar
st.lewis11
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 15769
Joined: June 14 06, 10:17 pm
Location: Small southern IL town, 40 min from STL

Re: Update: Cards Make Offer to Holliday, p 78

Post by st.lewis11 »

Daggum you guys....thank for adding to my anxiety over Holiday.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you
Posts: 50393
Joined: May 1 06, 2:41 pm

Re: Update: Cards Make Offer to Holliday, p 78

Post by jim »

Sign that son of a [expletive] now Mo.

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: Update: Cards Make Offer to Holliday, p 78

Post by Michael »

skmsw wrote: I'm just playing boogeyman.
Steve = Boras

Locked