GRB H2H Keeper 2010 Thread

Talk about fantasy sports here
Post Reply
User avatar
longhornbaseball
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 5527
Joined: April 18 06, 10:37 pm

Re: GRB H2H Keeper 2010 Thread

Post by longhornbaseball »

Swirls wrote:Still willing to part with one of the aforementioned average/runs/steals guys. Also, anyone need offense from catcher? I have Buster Posey and Brian McCann both, so one sits every game unless I bench Ortiz, Berkman, or Pena instead.
What do you need?

User avatar
Swirls
gone fission
Posts: 8299
Joined: December 11 07, 4:15 pm
Location: South Korea

Re: GRB H2H Keeper 2010 Thread

Post by Swirls »

longhornbaseball wrote:
Swirls wrote:Still willing to part with one of the aforementioned average/runs/steals guys. Also, anyone need offense from catcher? I have Buster Posey and Brian McCann both, so one sits every game unless I bench Ortiz, Berkman, or Pena instead.
What do you need?
Not sure, what team are you?

User avatar
longhornbaseball
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 5527
Joined: April 18 06, 10:37 pm

Re: GRB H2H Keeper 2010 Thread

Post by longhornbaseball »

Swirls wrote:
longhornbaseball wrote:
Swirls wrote:Still willing to part with one of the aforementioned average/runs/steals guys. Also, anyone need offense from catcher? I have Buster Posey and Brian McCann both, so one sits every game unless I bench Ortiz, Berkman, or Pena instead.
What do you need?
Not sure, what team are you?
Stillwater Stallions

User avatar
Swirls
gone fission
Posts: 8299
Joined: December 11 07, 4:15 pm
Location: South Korea

Re: GRB H2H Keeper 2010 Thread

Post by Swirls »

PM sent.

User avatar
longhornbaseball
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 5527
Joined: April 18 06, 10:37 pm

Re: GRB H2H Keeper 2010 Thread

Post by longhornbaseball »

Danville Warriors, I have proposed a trade.

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy
Posts: 24904
Joined: April 15 06, 6:25 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: GRB H2H Keeper 2010 Thread

Post by planet planet »

Would you burn a spot on your roster and keep Youkilis since it's a keeper league at this point in the season?

User avatar
Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat
Posts: 6630
Joined: February 4 10, 4:35 pm

Re: GRB H2H Keeper 2010 Thread

Post by Lesson »

planet pujolsian wrote:Would you burn a spot on your roster and keep Youkilis since it's a keeper league at this point in the season?

Can't you just put him on the DL?

User avatar
Swirls
gone fission
Posts: 8299
Joined: December 11 07, 4:15 pm
Location: South Korea

Re: GRB H2H Keeper 2010 Thread

Post by Swirls »

cardslesson101 wrote:
planet pujolsian wrote:Would you burn a spot on your roster and keep Youkilis since it's a keeper league at this point in the season?

Can't you just put him on the DL?
I'm assuming PP has already used her only DL spot.

EDIT: Yep, she's got Manny on her DL.

User avatar
Swirls
gone fission
Posts: 8299
Joined: December 11 07, 4:15 pm
Location: South Korea

Re: GRB H2H Keeper 2010 Thread

Post by Swirls »

Nothing like having four people come off of my DL last week only to have five people be added to my DL this week. Ugh.

User avatar
Swirls
gone fission
Posts: 8299
Joined: December 11 07, 4:15 pm
Location: South Korea

Re: GRB H2H Keeper 2010 Thread

Post by Swirls »

  • Time for my questions regarding potential keepers for next year:
    • Do you guys think Jose Bautista is worthy of a keeper slot? I don't see him repeating his 40+ homer campaign next year (sort of like Ludwick's breakout in 2008), but he could manage 25-30 HR next year I think.
    • Would you consider Neil Walker to be a keeper? He's only 24, with a .840 OPS from 2B in a hair over 300 PA.
    • Should I go ahead and drop Strasburg since he's going to be out the entire year for TJ? Yes he dominated the league when he started, and I'm sure he'll dominate it once he returns, but I don't know that I really want to stash him on my roster as a keeper for an entire year knowing he won't be playing at all.
Thoughts? I already have a few no brainer keepers... McCann, Tulo, Pedroia and Waino. Reynolds is a possibility, as well as potential guys like Soria and Bailey, and then there are these guys.

Post Reply