Page 2 of 360

Re: Our financial system is crumbling today.

Posted: September 15 08, 9:52 am
by heyzeus
ghostrunner wrote:
Michael wrote:
Popeye_Card wrote:I would love to do that had I not spent all of my life savings on hookers and blow last weekend.

This is a better investment plan than the one my coworker had. He bought a ton of Lehman stock last week thinking the government would bail them out.
Good lord, that is dumb. You don't invest based on the news.
Yep, back in '01 a friend of mine did this with Enron stock when it hit about a dollar a share. He chose....poorly.

Re: Our financial system is crumbling today.

Posted: September 15 08, 9:57 am
by Hungary Jack
Michael wrote:
Popeye_Card wrote:I would love to do that had I not spent all of my life savings on hookers and blow last weekend.

This is a better investment plan than the one my coworker had. He bought a ton of Lehman stock last week thinking the government would bail them out.
WTF?

Re: Our financial system is crumbling today.

Posted: September 15 08, 9:58 am
by Hungary Jack
Maybe it's time we revert to a barter economy.

Re: Our financial system is crumbling today.

Posted: September 15 08, 10:01 am
by TimeForGuinness
Hungary Jack wrote:Maybe it's time we revert to a barter economy.
I don't have room for goats

Re: Our financial system is crumbling today.

Posted: September 15 08, 10:05 am
by Leroy
TimeForGuinness wrote:
Hungary Jack wrote:Maybe it's time we revert to a barter economy.
I don't have room for goats
That's what she said.

Re: Our financial system is crumbling today.

Posted: September 15 08, 10:15 am
by cards2468
Leroy wrote:
TimeForGuinness wrote:
Hungary Jack wrote:Maybe it's time we revert to a barter economy.
I don't have room for goats
That's what she said.
+10 points

Re: Our financial system is crumbling today.

Posted: September 15 08, 10:17 am
by ghostrunner
I'm fresh out of beaver pelts.

Re: Our financial system is crumbling today.

Posted: September 15 08, 10:21 am
by Hungary Jack
I have 18 rolls of toilet paper from Costco, and about 20 lbs of wood screws.

Re: Our financial system is crumbling today.

Posted: September 15 08, 10:23 am
by TimeForGuinness
Hungary Jack wrote:I have 18 rolls of toilet paper from Costco, and about 20 lbs of wood screws.
You could get a lot of goats for a roll of toilet paper...

Re: Our financial system is crumbling today.

Posted: September 15 08, 10:27 am
by heyzeus
I have no survival skills whatsoever. When the revolution comes, i will be the first marshmallow on the fire.

NYSE is back into freefall mode and is now down 316 points.