2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season
- MrCrowesGarden
- 'Burb Boy
- Posts: 24841
- Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
- Location: Out of the Loop
Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season
He looked pretty good in the part of the game I watched. Had one heck of a shift in the 3rd. I know the knock was never on his effort, more his hockey sense.
- MrCrowesGarden
- 'Burb Boy
- Posts: 24841
- Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
- Location: Out of the Loop
Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season
Schwartz expected back for tomorrow's game.
- MrCrowesGarden
- 'Burb Boy
- Posts: 24841
- Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
- Location: Out of the Loop
Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season
Semi OT, but I thought this was an interesting concept. Build your ultimate hockey team, but you can only use one player per country.
http://thecomeback.com/nhl/nhl-mailbag- ... um=twitter
I think he's absolutely right for using Bobby Orr over Gretzky, and I'd definitely leave the goalies as is too. In fact, I'm pretty sure my team looks strikingly similar.
Based off this list of birthplaces: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_N ... ry#Ukraine
My squad, trying to stay as true to their actual positions as possible (I moved Bondra to LW but that's it):
Teemu Selanne (Finland)- Sergei Fedorov (Russia)- Peter Bondra (Ukraine)
Thomas Vanek (Austria)-Stan Mikita (Slovakia)- Steve Thomas (United Kingdom)
Marius Czerkawski (Poland) - Mike Modano (USA) - Dany Heatley (Germany)
Dainius Zubrus (Lithuania)- Anze Kopitar (Slovenia)- Mats Zuccarello (Norway)
Extras: Leo Komarov (Estonia), Andrei Kostitsyn (Belarus)
Defensemen:
Bobby Orr (Canada)- Roman Josi (Switzerland)
Nicklas Lidstrom (Sweden)- Rod Langway (Taiwan)
Sandis Ozolinsh (Latvia)- Robyn Regehr (Brazil)
Extra: Luca Sbisa (Italy)
Goalies:
Dominik Hasek (Czech Republic)
Olaf Kolzig (South Africa)
http://thecomeback.com/nhl/nhl-mailbag- ... um=twitter
I think he's absolutely right for using Bobby Orr over Gretzky, and I'd definitely leave the goalies as is too. In fact, I'm pretty sure my team looks strikingly similar.
Based off this list of birthplaces: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_N ... ry#Ukraine
My squad, trying to stay as true to their actual positions as possible (I moved Bondra to LW but that's it):
Teemu Selanne (Finland)- Sergei Fedorov (Russia)- Peter Bondra (Ukraine)
Thomas Vanek (Austria)-Stan Mikita (Slovakia)- Steve Thomas (United Kingdom)
Marius Czerkawski (Poland) - Mike Modano (USA) - Dany Heatley (Germany)
Dainius Zubrus (Lithuania)- Anze Kopitar (Slovenia)- Mats Zuccarello (Norway)
Extras: Leo Komarov (Estonia), Andrei Kostitsyn (Belarus)
Defensemen:
Bobby Orr (Canada)- Roman Josi (Switzerland)
Nicklas Lidstrom (Sweden)- Rod Langway (Taiwan)
Sandis Ozolinsh (Latvia)- Robyn Regehr (Brazil)
Extra: Luca Sbisa (Italy)
Goalies:
Dominik Hasek (Czech Republic)
Olaf Kolzig (South Africa)
- GeddyWrox
- Caught you a delicious bass
- Posts: 14665
- Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
- Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.
Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season
Interesting!
Is Modano really the best that the US can put out there?
Is Modano really the best that the US can put out there?
- MrCrowesGarden
- 'Burb Boy
- Posts: 24841
- Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
- Location: Out of the Loop
Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season
At forward, yes. He could be eclipsed by Patrick Kane eventually... unless you think he's already there. You could argue for Chelios or Leetch on D.GeddyWrox wrote:Interesting!
Is Modano really the best that the US can put out there?
- GeddyWrox
- Caught you a delicious bass
- Posts: 14665
- Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
- Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.
Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season
Does Brett Hull count for Canada?MrCrowesGarden wrote:At forward, yes. He could be eclipsed by Patrick Kane eventually... unless you think he's already there. You could argue for Chelios or Leetch on D.GeddyWrox wrote:Interesting!
Is Modano really the best that the US can put out there?
- GeddyWrox
- Caught you a delicious bass
- Posts: 14665
- Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
- Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.
Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season
Also, I think my hatred for Modano was skewing my perception of his overall career. I forgot just how good he actually was. I just remember that ugly [expletive] face. LOL
- JCShutout
- MacGyver of Underwear
- Posts: 13352
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
- Location: South City
Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season
Yeah, Modano was dominant. Hull would count for Canada, but don't forget Lemieux, and a ton of others. Orr makes sense though, he was just so head and shoulders above everyone else. 924 points in 631 games, as a defenseman!!! Kane eventually takes over for Modano as the US best, which sucks for the US, because Kane seems like a dick.
Last edited by JCShutout on October 20 16, 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- JCShutout
- MacGyver of Underwear
- Posts: 13352
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
- Location: South City
Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season
Yak scores against Edm! 1-0 Blues!
- MrCrowesGarden
- 'Burb Boy
- Posts: 24841
- Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
- Location: Out of the Loop
Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season
We should've called it after that.JCShutout wrote:Yak scores against Edm! 1-0 Blues!

