I'll allow it.lukethedrifter wrote:Tim wrote:So I don't know Sturgill Simpson from Marge Simpson, but I youtube'd thislukethedrifter wrote:go birds wrote:im only half way thru Sturgill Simpson's new album and ill go ahead and label it as one of the best of the year already.
his cover of Nirvana's In Bloom is incredible
Really looking forward to hearing it.
It sucked. Why would one think remaking a Nirvana classic would be a good idea?
But then you chose Seger over Springsteen (or was it over Rick Springfield?) so I question your sanity.
/psychiatrist humor
Music talk Thread
- Tim
- Consider him admonished
- Posts: 8320
- Joined: March 25 15, 9:59 am
- Location: The South
Re: Music talk Thread
-
Freed Roger
- Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
- Posts: 26073
- Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
- Location: St. Louis
Re: Music talk Thread
I'm liking this sturgill simpson album
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: Music talk Thread
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-36072736Metallica manager: 'YouTube is the devil'
- The Third Man
- It rubs the lotion on its skin.
- Posts: 8935
- Joined: July 17 06, 1:00 pm
Re: Music talk Thread
Ever since hearing it for the first time last week, I've come to the conclusion that this is the only album that matters.


- go birds
- -go birds
- Posts: 32057
- Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am
Re: Music talk Thread
Humblebrag: managed to snag couple tix for one of Sturgill's shows at the ryman in Oct.
That alone is worth the brag BUT there's more: there was a pre-sale labelled "radio pre-sale" and typically the local radio stations will send out a pre-sale code for such sales. But not this time. It was a bit odd. I figured I'd give it a shot anyway and guess what the code was. Turns out i was right and after losing a couple tickets because the app didn't accept my credit card, i still managed to get a couple after feverishly refreshing. Don't give up on your dreams folks.
Also, if you find yourself in a similar situation, the pre-sale code is SAILORS
That alone is worth the brag BUT there's more: there was a pre-sale labelled "radio pre-sale" and typically the local radio stations will send out a pre-sale code for such sales. But not this time. It was a bit odd. I figured I'd give it a shot anyway and guess what the code was. Turns out i was right and after losing a couple tickets because the app didn't accept my credit card, i still managed to get a couple after feverishly refreshing. Don't give up on your dreams folks.
Also, if you find yourself in a similar situation, the pre-sale code is SAILORS
- lukethedrifter
- darjeeling sipping elite
- Posts: 37260
- Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
- Location: Huis Clos
Re: Music talk Thread
I would be honored to be your guest.go birds wrote:Humblebrag: managed to snag couple tix for one of Sturgill's shows at the ryman in Oct.
That alone is worth the brag BUT there's more: there was a pre-sale labelled "radio pre-sale" and typically the local radio stations will send out a pre-sale code for such sales. But not this time. It was a bit odd. I figured I'd give it a shot anyway and guess what the code was. Turns out i was right and after losing a couple tickets because the app didn't accept my credit card, i still managed to get a couple after feverishly refreshing. Don't give up on your dreams folks.
Also, if you find yourself in a similar situation, the pre-sale code is SAILORS
- go birds
- -go birds
- Posts: 32057
- Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am
Re: Music talk Thread
get in line pal hahalukethedrifter wrote:I would be honored to be your guest.go birds wrote:Humblebrag: managed to snag couple tix for one of Sturgill's shows at the ryman in Oct.
That alone is worth the brag BUT there's more: there was a pre-sale labelled "radio pre-sale" and typically the local radio stations will send out a pre-sale code for such sales. But not this time. It was a bit odd. I figured I'd give it a shot anyway and guess what the code was. Turns out i was right and after losing a couple tickets because the app didn't accept my credit card, i still managed to get a couple after feverishly refreshing. Don't give up on your dreams folks.
Also, if you find yourself in a similar situation, the pre-sale code is SAILORS
-
MrSaigon
Re: Music talk Thread
There are some old songs that say, in so many notes, 'give up, expletiving hipster. Shave that goddam beard and get a job at Wells Fargo or whatever. We nailed it already and whatever it is you're searching for is this right here.' The Band's version of I Shall Be Released is one of those songs.
It's good people are trying and everything, but does My Morning Jacket need to be a thing when The Band's I Shall Be Released is? It's the perfect expression of whatever they could do.
It's good people are trying and everything, but does My Morning Jacket need to be a thing when The Band's I Shall Be Released is? It's the perfect expression of whatever they could do.
- redbirdjazzz
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4921
- Joined: April 17 06, 10:50 am
- Location: Columbia, MO
Re: Music talk Thread
+++MrSaigon wrote:There are some old songs that say, in so many notes, 'give up, expletiving hipster. Shave that goddam beard and get a job at Wells Fargo or whatever. We nailed it already and whatever it is you're searching for is this right here.' The Band's version of I Shall Be Released is one of those songs.
It's good people are trying and everything, but does My Morning Jacket need to be a thing when The Band's I Shall Be Released is? It's the perfect expression of whatever they could do.
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: Music talk Thread
someone steals $1,000 worth of blue man group clothing during their 2 shows here in wichita. and the MF'er is wearing a cardinals hat...
http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/ ... 46572.html
http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/ ... 46572.html




