Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178

Classic threads for your viewing pleasure.
Locked
Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Update: PD Wrong on Holliday Offer/Length? P 99

Post by Jocephus »

did matt notice what happened to david wrights homerun totals?

User avatar
cards2468
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 14745
Joined: October 28 06, 11:10 pm
Location: LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT

Re: Update: PD Wrong on Holliday Offer/Length? P 99

Post by cards2468 »

Jocephus wrote:did matt notice what happened to david wrights homerun totals?
if he got an 8 yr $160mil contract would he need to care?

TimeForGuinness
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 20007
Joined: April 18 06, 7:38 pm

Re: Update: PD Wrong on Holliday Offer/Length? P 99

Post by TimeForGuinness »

cards2468 wrote:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/b ... index.html

According to SI via Jon Heyman, the Mets are expected to meet with Scott Boras to discuss Matt Holliday...
I guess this lends more credibility to the ESPN 5 year contract...I wonder what the Cards offered him 5yr/$75 million?

User avatar
number9
Veteran Player
Posts: 998
Joined: April 18 06, 10:31 pm
Location: Saint Louis

Re: Update: PD Wrong on Holliday Offer/Length? P 99

Post by number9 »

Image

User avatar
Swingingbunt
All-Star
Posts: 2904
Joined: April 4 08, 9:49 am
Location: Indianapolis

Re: Update: PD Wrong on Holliday Offer/Length? P 99

Post by Swingingbunt »

TimeForGuinness wrote:
cards2468 wrote:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/b ... index.html

According to SI via Jon Heyman, the Mets are expected to meet with Scott Boras to discuss Matt Holliday...
I guess this lends more credibility to the ESPN 5 year contract...I wonder what the Cards offered him 5yr/$75 million?
Surely not. Mo confirmed that the contract offered to Mark was the largest contract offered by the Cardinals...meaning bigger than Pujols' current contract. I think the Mets would be stupid to not kick the tires on Holliday at least.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
Posts: 27563
Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Location: Thinking of the Children

Re: Update: PD Wrong on Holliday Offer/Length? P 99

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

TimeForGuinness wrote:
cards2468 wrote:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/b ... index.html

According to SI via Jon Heyman, the Mets are expected to meet with Scott Boras to discuss Matt Holliday...
I guess this lends more credibility to the ESPN 5 year contract...I wonder what the Cards offered him 5yr/$75 million?
If that was the case, the 5/75, I'd be pretty upset with the FO. That is a PITIFUL attempt and they shouldn't have made the trade if that was the case.

Socnorb11
The Last Word
Posts: 21906
Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am

Re: Update: PD Wrong on Holliday Offer/Length? P 99

Post by Socnorb11 »

Rotoworld:

ESPN.com's Buster Olney has heard that the Mets "are monitoring" the Matt Holliday talks but are "not actively involved."

Holliday's agent, Scott Boras, told SI.com's Jon Heyman that he has a meeting scheduled with Mets GM Omar Minaya this week. Boras could be trying drum up a market for his client and involving a New York team is never a bad idea, but the actual level of interest the Mets have in Holliday remains unknown. The Cardinals are the only team with a standing offer.
Source: Buster Olney on Twitter

Socnorb11
The Last Word
Posts: 21906
Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am

Re: Update: PD Wrong on Holliday Offer/Length? P 99

Post by Socnorb11 »

TimeForGuinness wrote:
cards2468 wrote:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/b ... index.html

According to SI via Jon Heyman, the Mets are expected to meet with Scott Boras to discuss Matt Holliday...
I guess this lends more credibility to the ESPN 5 year contract...I wonder what the Cards offered him 5yr/$75 million?
I'm not making the connection here.

danh35
All-Star
Posts: 1473
Joined: June 15 06, 8:56 am
Location: Newark, IL

Re: Update: PD Wrong on Holliday Offer/Length? P 99

Post by danh35 »

I think this is either Boras trying to make it look like another team is seriously interested to get more money from the Cards or Holliday really doesn't want to come back and is trying to delay things until another team comes into the picture.

User avatar
cards2468
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 14745
Joined: October 28 06, 11:10 pm
Location: LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT

Re: Update: PD Wrong on Holliday Offer/Length? P 99

Post by cards2468 »

danh35 wrote:I think this is either Boras trying to make it look like another team is seriously interested to get more money from the Cards or Holliday really doesn't want to come back and is trying to delay things until another team comes into the picture.
with Boras, it's always the former

Locked