Page 107 of 139

Re: Mozeliak: "Some Changes" Coming For Cardinals, But Not A Rebuild

Posted: August 1 23, 3:43 pm
by Socnorb11
Magneto2.0 wrote: ↑
August 1 23, 3:40 pm
Joel Sherman just tweeted the prevailing thought is Flaherty is getting traded in conjunction with either Carlson or O'Neil

I think it's more of a prevailing speculation/rumor.

Re: Mozeliak: "Some Changes" Coming For Cardinals, But Not A Rebuild

Posted: August 1 23, 3:44 pm
by go birds
wouldn't be surprised to see flaherty traded to LA

Re: Mozeliak: "Some Changes" Coming For Cardinals, But Not A Rebuild

Posted: August 1 23, 3:45 pm
by wart57
go birds wrote: ↑
August 1 23, 3:44 pm
wouldn't be surprised to see flaherty traded to LA
I have been thinking Baltimore...

Re: Mozeliak: "Some Changes" Coming For Cardinals, But Not A Rebuild

Posted: August 1 23, 3:52 pm
by sighyoung

Re: Mozeliak: "Some Changes" Coming For Cardinals, But Not A Rebuild

Posted: August 1 23, 4:10 pm
by MrCrowesGarden
Mo has to add three legitimate starters to the rotation in the offseason. Good [expletive] luck.

Re: Mozeliak: "Some Changes" Coming For Cardinals, But Not A Rebuild

Posted: August 1 23, 4:13 pm
by jagtrader
I didn’t think they’d trade an outfielder. I don’t see the benefit of waiting. Their value won’t rise. Urgency from other teams will decline. Now seemed like the time. But they don’t have the stomach for hard trades.

Re: Mozeliak: "Some Changes" Coming For Cardinals, But Not A Rebuild

Posted: August 1 23, 4:14 pm
by dmarx114
All 5 guys who we thought would be traded got traded.

We got 7 guys back. Step 1 has been completed.

Step 2 is the off season, where we need to fill 3 spots in the rotation, and 5 spots in the bullpen.

Mo needs to get this right.

Re: Mozeliak: "Some Changes" Coming For Cardinals, But Not A Rebuild

Posted: August 1 23, 4:16 pm
by Magneto2.0
MrCrowesGarden wrote: ↑
August 1 23, 4:10 pm
Mo has to add three legitimate starters to the rotation in the offseason. Good [expletive] luck.
More than likely it'll be 2. One free agent signing, 1 trade, and Liberatore or Drew Rom or Adam Kloffenstein will fight for the 5th slot.

Re: Mozeliak: "Some Changes" Coming For Cardinals, But Not A Rebuild

Posted: August 1 23, 4:17 pm
by Magneto2.0
jagtrader wrote: ↑
August 1 23, 4:13 pm
I didn’t think they’d trade an outfielder. I don’t see the benefit of waiting. Their value won’t rise. Urgency from other teams will decline. Now seemed like the time. But they don’t have the stomach for hard trades.
I see one of them being moved in the offseason for a pitcher when more teams will be involved.

Re: Mozeliak: "Some Changes" Coming For Cardinals, But Not A Rebuild

Posted: August 1 23, 4:18 pm
by jagtrader
Magneto2.0 wrote: ↑
August 1 23, 4:17 pm
jagtrader wrote: ↑
August 1 23, 4:13 pm
I didn’t think they’d trade an outfielder. I don’t see the benefit of waiting. Their value won’t rise. Urgency from other teams will decline. Now seemed like the time. But they don’t have the stomach for hard trades.
I see one of them being moved in the offseason for a pitcher when more teams will be involved.
I have no faith in that happening.