Music talk Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
MrSaigon

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by MrSaigon »

I need some help in Spotify. Using the web player, and it keeps reverting back to an album I added to the play queue days ago and I have to skip through the whole damn thing to hear all of what I want whether it's a playlist or an album or an artist. I've been playing around with it and googling clearing the play queue but I'm still stuck. Anyone?

MrSaigon

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by MrSaigon »


User avatar
Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!
Posts: 10841
Joined: July 1 06, 7:24 pm
Location: Lost in the Cloud

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by Schlich »

Bo's new special is up on Netflix. Not as good as what., and maybe a little too similar, but still I'm surprised that he flies under the radar as much as he does. Maybe it's just because I'm a 25 year old white guy and he's a 25 year old white guy.

MrSaigon

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by MrSaigon »

Schlich wrote:Bo's new special is up on Netflix. Not as good as what., and maybe a little too similar, but still I'm surprised that he flies under the radar as much as he does. Maybe it's just because I'm a 25 year old white guy and he's a 25 year old white guy.
I certainly resent him for his age. I bet other comedians don't embrace him, because comedians are just a terribly sanctimonious, miserable group of people who wouldn't go for a handsome, young threat like that. That said, the show is pretty weird. It was a bit much for me. But he's really talented.

User avatar
ghostrunner
GOAT
Posts: 30836
Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by ghostrunner »

Slipknot's lead singer is a grumpy old man


User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by lukethedrifter »

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/ ... e.html?a=1

Paste Mag's 50 Best Alt Country albums of all time, ie 1985-now. Some good stuff on the list.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by Jocephus »


User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43288
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by heyzeus »

lukethedrifter wrote:https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/ ... e.html?a=1

Paste Mag's 50 Best Alt Country albums of all time, ie 1985-now. Some good stuff on the list.
Something by Old 97s - I don't care if it's Fight Songs or Too Far To Care - needed to be in the top 10. But Anodyne at #1? Yes.

User avatar
JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls
Posts: 15010
Joined: April 16 06, 9:15 pm

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by JackofDiamonds »


User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43288
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Music talk Thread

Post by heyzeus »

Here's a fun article about how alternative music, whatever that means, died in 1996.

http://www.avclub.com/article/1996-alte ... ath-240366

Here's the money quote:
Looking back now, Pinkerton is regarded as a landmark, a cult classic that influenced scads of emo-pop bands, and it remains the Weezer album to which all others must be compared. But the relentless backlash at the time sent Cuomo into a years-long crisis, from which he slowly recovered by wrapping himself in ever-increasing layers of protective mediocrity.

Post Reply