Music talk Thread
- Tambourine Man
- accepts no jimitators
- Posts: 11413
- Joined: April 21 06, 3:31 pm
- Location: I Read the News Today Oh, boy
Re: Music talk Thread
Band that screams "Sound of Silence" and removes all subtlety...Stop.
- stlouie_lipp
- Hallelujah Brother
- Posts: 13380
- Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm
Re: Music talk Thread
I'm not a Springsteen guy, but someone ranked all of his 314 songs from worst to first. Surprisingly not in slideshow click bait fashion.
http://www.vulture.com/2016/06/every-br ... anked.html
http://www.vulture.com/2016/06/every-br ... anked.html
-
Freed Roger
- Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
- Posts: 26073
- Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
- Location: St. Louis
Re: Music talk Thread
My kid's piano teacher is stoked about Dr Lonnie Smith playing in StL. Embarrassed to say I never heard of him until now. Dude in turban jammin on hammond B-I can dig it.
- heyzeus
- Everday Unicorn
- Posts: 43292
- Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
- Location: Austin, TX
Re: Music talk Thread
He was pretty great on the '82 WS team too - 120 runs scored, 68 steals, .381 OBP. Second in MVP voting!Freed Roger wrote:My kid's piano teacher is stoked about Dr Lonnie Smith playing in StL. Embarrassed to say I never heard of him until now. Dude in turban jammin on hammond B-I can dig it.
- lukethedrifter
- darjeeling sipping elite
- Posts: 37260
- Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
- Location: Huis Clos
Re: Music talk Thread
The Posies are doing a show at Euclid Records.
- stlouie_lipp
- Hallelujah Brother
- Posts: 13380
- Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm
Re: Music talk Thread
25th anniversary of "Nevermind". The Lithium channel on XM replayed a town hall forum with Grohl, Novoseliic and the producer of the album from 5 years ago. It was a pretty good listen.
- Farewell Friends
- Snayke's Bottomline
- Posts: 3888
- Joined: August 3 16, 9:44 am
Re: Music talk Thread
Drive-By Truckers release American Band on Friday. Most of the songs are commentary on today's issues and they've alienated some of their fans in the process.
-
Freed Roger
- Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
- Posts: 26073
- Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
- Location: St. Louis
Re: Music talk Thread
Farewell Friends wrote:Drive-By Truckers release American Band on Friday. Most of the songs are commentary on today's issues and they've alienated some of their fans in the process.
though I still more fond of when they sing about Sterling Big Mouth and Steve McQueen etc
- stlouie_lipp
- Hallelujah Brother
- Posts: 13380
- Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm
Re: Music talk Thread
Kings of Leon back with another solid effort with their new release, "Walls".




