Page 13 of 360

Re: Our financial system is crumbling today.

Posted: September 17 08, 3:33 pm
by Freed Roger
Zoiks - I started to reply to the original post on the taxes - but it gets way to complicated with tangents. Amazing someone was able to take on the challenge.

Re: Our financial system is crumbling today.

Posted: September 17 08, 4:30 pm
by heyzeus
The Dow's dropped 7.1% this week. That's a lot of equity out the window. There's no telling how many more banks/lenders/insurers are about to go under. Prepare for Bad Times coming.

Re: Our financial system is crumbling today.

Posted: September 17 08, 5:28 pm
by UK
heyzeus wrote:The Dow's dropped 7.1% this week. That's a lot of equity out the window. There's no telling how many more banks/lenders/insurers are about to go under. Prepare for Bad Times coming.
I'm predicting two more and they'll likely be saved.

Re: Our financial system is crumbling today.

Posted: September 17 08, 6:50 pm
by TheoSqua
wamu next week, i call it

Re: Our financial system is crumbling today.

Posted: September 17 08, 8:41 pm
by Diddy
Arthur Dent wrote: Image
shouldnt that say net income instead of gross income?

Re: Our financial system is crumbling today.

Posted: September 17 08, 9:58 pm
by Arthur Dent
Diddy wrote:shouldnt that say net income instead of gross income?
I'm probably using the wrong terminology. I just meant pre-tax income. I don't run a business, so there is not much distinction for me. My chart doesn't work for business owners anyway as I assumed everyone just takes the standard deduction while business owners would have many expenses to deduct.

Re: Our financial system is crumbling today.

Posted: September 18 08, 9:11 am
by Freed Roger
the market today doesn't look good.

-yes they are up, but not by much. (subj to change of course). There should be a nice rally today considering these factors:
huge drops of prior days brings buying opportunities
central banks pumped money to shore up financial companies.
oil prices are down, generally.

...whats going on?... wait oh, - Bush just spoke on the economy. that explains some things.

I predict, a few hours after Bush shuts up, people will relax and the market will finally get that rally.
Tomorrow, all bets are off.

thanks to this edit feature, i look really smart

Re: Our financial system is crumbling today.

Posted: September 18 08, 10:20 am
by heyzeus
Freed Roger wrote:the market today doesn't look good.

-yes they are up, but not by much. (subj to change of course). There should be a nice rally today considering these factors:
huge drops of prior days brings buying opportunities
central banks pumped money to shore up financial companies.
oil prices are down, generally.

...whats going on?... wait oh, - Bush just spoke on the economy. that explains some things.
In fact, the market is in free fall yet again at the moment; early gains of 180 reversed, currently at -40.

Re: Our financial system is crumbling this week.

Posted: September 18 08, 10:40 am
by Swatcat27
This will leave Goldman-Sachs as the one survivor among Wall street's big 5.
I'm down 21% on the retirement account.

Re: Our financial system is crumbling this week.

Posted: September 18 08, 1:48 pm
by G. Keenan
Swatcat27 wrote:This will leave Goldman-Sachs as the one survivor among Wall street's big 5.
I'm down 21% on the retirement account.
Morgan-Stanley is still there, at least last I checked.